About the division
Members of this division are interested in advancing their knowledge of lean practices.
The mission of the Lean Division shall be to support its members by fostering networks, offering programs and maintaining resources that represent their core competencies and/or areas of specialized practice. Read the bylaws.
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a body of technical knowledge.
- Provide a forum for technical networking.
- Be perceived as the voice of the technical specialty.
- Collaborate with IIE to support the mission of the Institute, provide member value and promote the discipline.
- Work with the Networking Leadership Council to establish a set of metrics that track Society & Division activities.
Meet the IIE Lean Division Board of Directors!
Click here to view pictures and details.
IIE Engineering Lean Six Sigma Conference 2014, Sept. 29 - Oct 1, Orlando, Florida
Reduce costs and improve quality at your organization, whether you’re in manufacturing, energy, government, healthcare, retail, academia or any of myriad industries. Get exclusive access to thought leaders on the latest innovations and techniques to improve quality and efficiency.
Read more about the conference
- NEW! The Lean Educator Conference will be held in collaboration with ELSS 2014. The Lean Educator Conference has a strong history of sharing best practices in lean curriculum, exercises, and training and assessment methods. This collaboration will enhance ELSS 2014 and build on the Lean Educator Conference, with tracks planned on industry topics, academic topics and joint academic/industry topics.
- The conference is presented by the IIE Lean Division, EdNet, LEAN and the Lean Enterprise Institute.
- Keynote speakers: Learn from the expertise of keynote speakers from Lockheed Martin, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and Western Michigan University
- Registration is open: Save big by registering now for the conference and the hands-on pre-conference workshops. Visit http://www.iienet2.org/leansixsigma/ to register
- Click here for highlights of the ELSS conference
- Watch Video: Paul Odomirok, president & CEO at Performance Excellence Associates Inc. and co-chair of ELSS 2014, discusses why he's looking forward to this year's conference.
- View webinar: Lean Processes and Time-Tested Management Principles - This webinar, sponsored ELSS and LEC Conference Committee, gives you a "sneak peek" of this year’s educational session offerings.
IIE Annual Conference Lean Division call for papers
Have you participated in a really interesting application or completed an acadmic project or research in lean? It’s not too early to start thinking about presenting at the 2015 Annual Conference in Nashville, Tennessee. Last year’s conference featured over 40 presentations and discussion panels from academic and applications experts, where there was much sharing and learning. It’s also a great way to get yourself noticed and network. The official submission window opens in October but get your thoughts together and begin writing your abstracts now.
Connect with the LinkedIn IIE Lean Division group!
The IIE Lean Division now has a LinkedIn group up & running! Our group is a subgroup of the IIE LinkedIn group, and is a great place to virtually network, learn, and share with other lean practitioners from various backgrounds and across different industries. We have nearly 400 members and are looking forward to welcoming more members. If you have not yet joined the group – click here to do so. Read quick tips on making this group a value-added resource for everyone.
Submit an article
The Lean Division is searching for new material to provide to its membership. See your article in the newsletter and on the website. The Lean Division Board of Directors strongly believes the newsletter and website provide a valuable service to our membership. Submitting an article
IIE Blogs: Read the latest blog and add your comments: IIE Supporting Advancement of Young Engineers
Ask the Expert: Lean
Question: What are the most common mistakes in implementing lean? Answer
Lean Division Board
Volunteer leadership is the heart of IIE and its technical divisions. Contact Fazleena Badurdeen to find out how you can get involved.