Operations Research (OR) Division Teaching Award
Annual Award for Excellence in the Teaching of Operations Research
The OR division of IIE presents an annual national award recognizing excellence in teaching operations research. The award will be presented at the upcoming IIE Annual Conference & Expo May 30-June 2, 2015, in Nashville, Tenn.
- The candidate must be a member of IIE
- The course for which he/she is being recognized must be an undergraduate operations research course within an industrial engineering program (examples of course titles might be Operations Research, Linear Programming, Optimization Methods, etc.)
- Course materials for which they are being recognized must have been developed by the candidate
The candidate must be a member of IIE
Nominations may be made by a faculty colleague or a student who has taken the course from the candidate. The nomination package must consist of:
- Letters of support from the nominator and two other individuals; at least one of the three letters must be from a faculty member and one from a student.
- A course outline and supporting items such as samples of different instructional materials used.
- Summary copies of teaching evaluations for the course being recognized.
- A one-page reflective statement by the individual being nominated.
All supporting documents in the nomination package should be submitted in PDF format. The deadline for nominations is TBA. Please e-mail the entire package either as a single PDF file or a single compressed/zipped file to Sandra Eksioglu. The winner will be notified by TBA.
If you ever had a great OR instructor in college, this is your chance to recognize this individual!
Texas A&M University
University of South Florida
Operations Research division page