The IIE/Joint Publishers Book-of-the-Year Award
Is to recognize an outstanding published book that focuses on a facet of industrial engineering, improves education, or furthers the profession.
IIE members and non-members.
- Not more than one award will be presented each year. If the judges find no worthy candidate, then the award will not be presented.
- The book must be a first edition and published by a commercial company rather than be self-published or published on the Web only.
- The subject matter should be concerned directly with one or more areas of industrial engineering and be authoritative and comprehensive. The book should present a significant contribution to the field of knowledge. Style and format should be engaging and accessible.
- The book must be published during the 12-month period prior to the nomination deadline (between Oct. 1 in the year prior to the award deadline, and before Sept. 30 of the year for which the award is conferred).
- Books published by sponsoring publishers will also be eligible.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.