The Medallion Award
Recognizes individuals that have made a notable impact on the industrial engineering profession through any of the following ways:
- Exceptional leadership as an advisor in developing and promoting young engineers.
- Creating a body of knowledge for the practice of industrial engineering.
- Innovation in organizing educational materials that advances the development of industrial engineers.
- Significant impact on the productivity of a company through applications of industrial engineering methods.
IIE members. Members of the IIE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible.
No more than three per year are awarded. The criteria for the award fall into two categories:
- Professional leadership: Specific accomplishment of distinction through advising and mentoring students and entry-level industrial engineers, to include innovative means of stimulating programs, curricula, laboratory, and design projects that are worthy of special recognition.
- Professional technical achievement: Specific achievement of distinction through novel development of methods or techniques for improving a process and demonstrates distinctive qualities through significant documented improvements of operations, productivity, quality or customer satisfaction.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.