IISE Construction Division best Student Paper Competition
The papers should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques such as lean methods, quality management, green technology, simulation, optimization, automation and alternative materials.
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students and design teams.
- Open only to students attending universities in the United States.
- Must be a member of IISE, or must agree to become members before the award is made.
- Papers must be no more than 10 pages in length and follow the competition guidelines.
- No more than two student co-authors per paper.
- Papers co-authored by professors are excluded from the competition, but your professor's assistance is welcome.
- The first place winner must agree to travel to the IISE Annual Conference & Expo in May 20-23, 2017 in Pittsburgh to present the winning paper.
- Award will be presented at the IISE Annual Conference & Expo.
Important dates and information
Paper submission deadline: Feb. 24, 2017
Winner will be notified by: March 3, 2017
Submit your papers to Laura Ikuma.
For more information or questions contact Bonnie Cameron.
"Simulating Construction Bidding using Agent-based Modeling"
Milwaukee School of Engineering
"Application of Agile Manufacturing in the Large-scale Construction Industry"
University of Washington
"Improving Strength of Pervious Concrete"
Construction Division Page