Who should attend?
The 20th Annual Applied Ergonomics
Conference will provide attendees with the latest practical applications, thought-provoking
sessions by experts in the field and networking opportunities with other
Regardless of industry, professionals in the following roles should plan to attend this exciting conference:
- Safety engineers
- Occupational therapists
- Occupational nurses
- Human factors specialists
- Industrial hygiene directors
- Behavioral safety specialists
- Health and safety professionals
- Facilities managers
- Industrial engineers
- Manufacturing engineers
- Industrial hygienist
- Injury prevention professionals
- Operations technicians
- Physical therapists
- Process improvement specialists
- Risk control specialists
- Applied researchers
Attendees from the last few years came from more than 18 countries and hundreds of companies, including:
- Abbott Laboratories
- American Express
- Bath Iron Works
- Boeing Fabrication
- Cardinal Health
- Caterpillar Inc.
- CNA Insurance
- Conagra Foods Inc.
- Creative Risk Solutions LLC
- Department of Defense
- Disneyland Resort
- Eastern Washington University
- Ergo Squad
- Ergoweb Inc.
- First Choice Physical Therapy
- GE Energy
- General Dynamics
- Goodyear Dunlop
- Humanics Ergonomics Inc
- Hyundai Motor Manufacturing
- Industrial Hygiene News
- J and J Consulting
- John Deere
- Johnson & Johnson
- L’Oreal USA
- Marsh Risk Consulting
- Mayo Clinic
- Norfolk Southern
- Pfizer Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Raytheon Missile System
- Research in Motion
- Rochester Institute of Technology
- Southern California Gas Company
- The Gray Insurance Co.
- The World Bank
- Toyota PE Safety
- U.S. Department of Labor
- United States Navy
- Washington State Dept. of Labor
- Wegmans Food Market Inc.
- WorkWise Ergonomics Consulting
What past attendees have to say ...
- "The conference far exceeded my expectations – I
was influenced with the many ideas and can’t wait to apply them in my own
- "Fun, educational, professional value, highly
- "Very good overall. Worth the cost as always."
- "Excellent applied conference. Best conference
for my educational and networking continuing needs."
- 87 percent of attendees rate the value of the
conference as greater than or equal to the cost of registration
- More than 94 percent of attendees would attend again.
Top 7 reasons to attend AEC 2017
- Get practitioner-to-practitioner advice and
- Turn to the reputable source for trends
and best practices in ergonomics.
- Return to work with actionable ideas and tools
you can implement.
- Build a network of ergonomists you can call on
for advice or answers!
- Learn about new products and services in the
- View the latest solutions from the
internationally renowned ErgoCup competition.
- Earn continuing education
units (CEUs) or professional development hours (PDHs).
How can I convince management to approve my request to attend this event?
- AEC has a five-step plan on how to get the education you need to make you a success in your career.
- Try using this letter to explain how the conference agenda will be valuable to both you and your company or organization.