IISE/Arena Student Simulation Competition
Registration for the 2016 Winter session opens Nov. 4 for the 23rd annual IISE/Rockwell Undergraduate Student Simulation Competition.
Teams of three IE undergraduate students solve a real-world situational case study using the Rockwell Automation simulation package, Arena. This case study is prepared by Rockwell. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IISE to enter the competition, but they will become IISE members, for one year, if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of Rockwell Automation. The finalists must be able to attend the IISE Annual Conference & Expo May 20 - 23, 2017 in Pittsburgh.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams of three undergraduate students (plus an advisor) are given eight weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IISE Annual Conference & Expo.
- Each finalist team will receive $1,250 US for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, complimentary tickets for the Honors & Awards Banquet and a framed certificate.
- Winners are announced at the honors and awards ceremony.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position
- First place: $5,000 US to the team plus $500 to the team's chapter
- Second place: $2,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
- Third place: $1,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
Participate in the fall session
- To broaden contest participation, we will again, administer two eight-week sessions during this academic year.
- Winter session is open from Nov. 4 - Jan. 6, 2017. The deadline for submitting your entry form Jan. 6, 2017.
- The deadline for submitting your solution is March 20, 2017.
- All submissions from the fall and winter sessions will be judged in March 2017.
- The top three finalists from the entire year’s submissions will be announced in early April 2017.
Entries for the session opens Nov. 4. The deadline to enter is Jan. 6, 2017. If you register your team for the fall session, you will not be permitted to sign up again during the winter session.
Submit one online entry form per team with payment information for the $30 entry fee. This fee is nonrefundable. If paying by check, send completed entry form and payment to:
Attn: Bonnie Cameron
3577 Parkway Lane
Norcross, GA 30092
The Student Simulation Competition is sponsored by Rockwell Automation and Arena Simulation Software.
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at (770) 449-0461, ext. 105.
1st Place: Team ETS
Ecole de Technologie Superieure
Team members: Steeven Valois, Simon Lessard and Mathieu Dion
Faculty advisor: Marc Paquet
2nd Place: WPI
Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Team members: Elizabeth Karpinski, Camila Dias and Lin Jiang
Faculty advisor: Renata Konrad
3rd Place: Control Sharks
San Jose State University
Team members: Brenton Hsu, Kelli Sum and Daniel Bruhn
Faculty advisor: Khaled Mabrouk