Topic Leader: Sreekanth Ramakrishnan, Ph.D.
Affiliation: IBM Corporation
- Kotter, J.P, Heskett, J.L. (2011), Corporate Culture and Performance (Paperback), Free Press
- Nightingale, D., Srinivasan, J. (2011), Beyond the Lean Revolution: Achieving Successful and Sustainable Enterprise Transformation, AMACOM.
- Womack, J., Jones, D., (1991), The Machine that Changed the World, Harper Perennial
- Mann, D. (2010), Creating a Lean Culture: Tools to Sustain Lean Conversions, Productivity Press
- Schien, E., Organizational Culture and Leadership, Available at http://www.tnellen.com/ted/tc/schein.html, 1997.
- Podsakoff, P.M., MacKenzie, S.B., Morrman, R.H. & Fetter, R., (1990) Transformational leader behaviors and their effects on followers trust in leader, satisfaction, and organizational citizenship behaviors, Leadership Quarterly
- Yammarino, F.J., Bass, B.M., (1990), Transformational leadership and multiple levels of analysis, Human Relations (HR), 43, 975 – 95
- Capgemini Consulting and Economist Intelligence Unit (2007), “Business Transformation Now an Integral Part of Management"
- “Culture Matters: Why Top Management Must Take the Lead” Systemic Continuous Improvement- a Next Generation Manufacturing Success Strategy, Wisconsin Manufacturing Extension Partnership, Available at http://www.WMEP.org , Accessed on December 30, 2011.
- IBM 2008 Global CEO Study, “Making Change Work: Closing the Change Gap”, Available at http://www.ibm.com/enterpriseofthefuture, Accessed on October 15, 2010.
- Ramakrishnan, S., Testani, M., “A Methodology to Assess an Organization's Lean Readiness for Change”, Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, FL, 2012, pp. 1-10.
- Ramakrishnan, S., Testani, M., Orth, R., “Critical Factors for Sustainable Kaizen Events – People, Process and Technology”, Proceedings of the 2009 American Society for Engineering Management Conference, Springfield, MO, October 2009, pp. 1-6.
- Testani, M. , Ramakrishnan, S., Orth, R., Ramakrishnan, S., “Integrating People, Process and Technology for a Sustainable Lean Transformation Using Systems Thinking”, Proceedings of the 2009 American Society for Engineering Management Conference, Springfield, MO, 2009, pp. 1-9.
- Glover, W.J., Hunter, S.R., Van Aken, E.M., Zhao, Y., Triantis, K.P., and Farris, J.A. (2008). Evaluating Kaizen event performance using data envelopment analysis for interval and ordinal data, Proceedings of the 2008 Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Engineering Management Track, Vancouver, BC: May 18-20, 2008, CD-ROM
- Van Aken, E.M., Van Goubergen, D., and Letens, G (2003). Integrated enterprise transformation: Case application in engineering project work in the Belgian armed forces, Engineering Management Journal, Vol. 15, No. 2, pp. 3-16.
- Van Aken, E.M., Letens, G., Coleman, G.D., Farris, J.A.*, and Van Goubergen, D. (2005). Assessing maturity and effectiveness of enterprise performance measurement systems, International Journal of Productivity and Performance Management, Vol. 54, No. 5/6, pp. 400-418.
- Doolen, T.L., Van Aken, E.M., Farris, J.A.*, Worley, J.M.*, and Huwe J.** (2008). Kaizen events and organizational performance: A field study, International Journal of Productivity & Performance Management, Vol. 57, No. 8, pp. 637-658.
- Glover, W.J., Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M., and Doolen, T.L. (2011). Critical success factors for the sustainability of Kaizen event human resource outcomes: An empirical study, Int’l Journal of Prod. Economics, Vol. 132, No. 2, pp. 197-213.
- Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M., Letens, G., Chearskul, P., and Coleman, G.D. (2011). Improving the performance review process: A structured approach and case application, International Journal of Operations and Production Management, Vol. 31, No.4 pp. 376-404.
- Farris, J.A., Van Aken, E.M., Doolen, T.L., and Worley, J.M.*, (2008). Learning from less successful Kaizen events: A case study,” Engineering Management Journal, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp 10-20.