WorldCIST'13 - The 2013 World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies
March 27-30, 2013
The 2013 World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies is a global forum for researchers and practitioners to present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, results, experiences and concerns in the several perspectives of information systems and technologies.
We are pleased to invite you to submit your papers to WorldCISTI'13. All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of relevance, originality, importance and clarity.
Submitted papers should be related with one or more of the main themes proposed for the Conference:
- Information and Knowledge Management (IKM)
- Organizational Models and Information Systems (OMIS)
- Intelligent and Decision Support Systems (IDSS)
- Software Systems, Architectures, Applications and Tools (SSAAT)
- Computer Networks, Mobility and Pervasive Systems (CNMPS)
- Human-Computer Interaction (HCI)
Types of Submissions and Decisions
Four types of papers can be submitted:
- Full paper: Finished or consolidated R&D works, to be included in one of the Conference themes. These papers are assigned a 10-page limit.
- Short paper: Ongoing works with relevant preliminary results, open to discussion. These papers are assigned a 7-page limit.
- Poster paper: Initial work with relevant ideas, open to discussion. These papers are assigned to a 4-page limit.
- Company paper: Companies' papers that show practical experience, R & D, tools, etc., focused on some topics of the conference. These papers are assigned to a 4-page limit.
Submitted papers must comply with the format of Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series (see http://www.aisti.eu/worldcist13/springerformat.doc) be written in English, must not have been published before, not be under review for any other conference or publication and not include any information leading to the authors’ identification. Therefore, the authors’ names, affiliations and bibliographic references should not be included in the version for evaluation by the Program Committee. This information should only be included in the camera-ready version.
All papers will be subjected to a “double-blind review” by at least two members of the Program Committee.
Based on Program Committee evaluation, a paper can be rejected or accepted by the Conference Chairs. In the later case, it can be accepted as the type originally submitted or as another type. Thus, full papers can be accepted as short papers or poster papers only. Similarly, short papers can be accepted as poster papers only. In these cases, the authors will be allowed to maintain the original number of pages in the camera-ready version.
The authors of accepted poster papers must also build and print a poster to be exhibited during the Conference. This poster must follow an A1 or A2 vertical format. The Conference includes Work Sessions where these posters are presented and orally discussed, with a 5 minute limit per poster.
The authors of accepted full papers will have 15 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session; approximately 5 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation. The authors of accepted short papers and company papers will have 11 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session; approximately 4 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation.
Publication and Indexing
To ensure that a full paper, short paper, poster paper or company paper is published in the Proceedings, at least one of the authors must be fully registered by the 11th of January 2013, and the paper must comply with the suggested layout and page-limit. Additionally, all recommended changes must be addressed by the authors before they submit the camera-ready version.
No more than one paper per registration will be published in the Conference Proceedings. An extra fee must be paid for publication of additional papers, with a maximum of two additional papers per registration.
Full and short papers will be published in Proceedings by Springer, in Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series. Poster and company papers will be published in Proceedings by AISTI.
Published full and short papers will be indexed by ISI, EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, DBLP and EBSCO, among others, and will be available in the SpringerLink Digital Library. Published poster and company papers will be indexed in EI-Compendex and EBSCO.
The authors of the best selected papers will be invited to extend them for publication in edited books and in international journals indexed by ISI/ JCR, SCOPUS and/or DBLP, among others, such as:
- ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation (TOMACS)
- Online Information Review (OIR)
- Computer Science and Information Systems (ComSIS)
- Telecommunication Systems Journal (TSJ)
- INFORMATION - An International Interdisciplinary Journal
- Journal of Organizational and End User Computing (JOEUC)
- Information Research (IR)
- International Journal of Internet Protocol Technology (IJIPT)
- Studies in Computational Intelligence (SCI)
- Journal of Advanced Computational Intelligence and Intelligent Informatics (JACIII)
- Journal of Electrical and Computer Engineering (JECE): Special Issue in Advances in Radar Technology
- WSEAS Transactions on Systems (TS)
- Library Review (LR)
- Education for Information (EI)
- International Journal of IT/Business Alignment and Governance (IJITBAG)
- International Journal of Systems and Service-Oriented Engineering (IJSSOE)
- International Journal of Interactive Multimedia and Artificial Intelligence (IJIMAI)
- Paper Submission: Nov. 18
- Notification of Acceptance: Dec. 30
- Camera-ready Submission: Jan. 9, 2013
- Payment of Registration, to ensure the inclusion of an accepted paper in the conference proceedings: Jan. 11, 2013