2012 SEMS Management Award Winner Announced
The SEMS Management award recognizes an IIE/SEMS member who is distinguished in the practice of management and industrial engineering. It is our pleasure to announce Dr. Sreekanth Ramakrishnan from IBM as the winner of the 2012 SEMS Management Award. The award will be formally presented at the SEMS Town Hall Meeting (Monday May 21, 2012 – 5:15 p.m.) at the Annual IIE Conference.
Sreekanth Ramakrishnan is an advisory engineer, scientist and a learning specialist with IBM Learning (CHQ, Human Resources), based in Waltham, Mass. In this role, he has global responsibilities for facilitating business transformation across IBM Corporation by enabling process excellence through Lean practices and organizational culture change.
Contributions to Engineering Management and Industrial Engineering
- Deployment Lead for business transformation improvement initiatives across IBM’s global landscape; including North American and Asia Pacific locations.
- Responsibilities include creating readiness for change assessments, developing transformational leadership and process excellence transformation roadmap and monitoring deployment’s alignment with the organizational strategy. The transformation methodology has been recognized externally through the 2011 IIE Lean Best Practice Award and the 2012 Manufacturing Leadership 100 Award for Operational Excellence.
- Designed, developed and delivered IBM’s global learning offerings in Lean Manufacturing, Lean for Services, and the 2009 Brandon Hall Award winning Lean Six Sigma blended learning offering.
- Coached and mentored over 100 Lean and Lean Six Sigma practitioners on process improvement projects resulting in significant business benefits.
- Developed and deployed a global Lean Certification offering and management system where hundreds of Lean practitioners have been certified to date.
- Developed discrete event simulation models that helped optimize product costs, yields and resource capacity for high-end servers during New Product Introduction (NPI).
- Implemented online Decision Support Systems for warehouse management operations, reverse logistics order management, facility re-layout optimization scenarios.
Contributions to the Society of Engineering and Management Systems (SEMS)
- Delivered a three-part webinar series: Transformational Change (2011)
- Presented at and chaired various Engineering Management Track sessions at the IIE Annual Conference and Exposition (2009-2012)
- Hosted invited sessions on Enterprise Change Readiness at the 2011 and 2012 IIE Annual Conference
- Topic Leader for the Website Content Committee in 2011
- Co-chair of the Engineering Management Track in the 2012 IIE Annual Conference and Exposition’s Applied Solutions.
- Ph.D. (2008) and M.S. (2005) in industrial and systems engineering - Binghamton University - State University of New York, Binghamton, NY.
- Four patents (filed, pending), more than 40 publications in reputed conferences and invited speaker to numerous conferences, webinars and symposiums.
- Member of the Alpha Pi Mu Honor Society and professional societies such as the IIE, IEEE, SMTA and ASEM. Also serving as a Board of Director of the Logistics and Supply Chain division in the IIE.