CIS events at IERC 2011, Reno, Nev.
The 2011 IIE Industrial Engineering Research Conference (IERC) was held May 21- 25, 2011 in Reno, Nev. The CIS track was organized by Drs. Terry Friesz and Tao Yao from the Penn State University and Dr. Yongpei Guan from the University of Florida. There were 61 accepted presentations, among which 23 were invited ones.
All presentations were categorized into seven invited and 11 contributed sessions, and the contents included the following topics:
- Applications of Complex Information Visualization and Simulation Systems in the Industry
- Complex Large-Scale Information Systems
- Computer Modeling and Data Mining
- Data Mining and Its Applications
- Decision Support System and Software
- Healthcare Decision Support Systems
- Industrial Engineering and Energy System
- IT and Education
- IT and Optimization
- IT-Supported Healthcare Delivery
- Network Analysis
- Positioning and Design
- Project and IT Management
- RFID and Sensor Networks
- Sensors in Homeland Security
In addition, there were 30 full paper submissions among which 21 papers were accepted.
Finally, the last of the organized activities was the CIS Town Hall. We had a great turn out (16 participants from universities, industry, government and IIE) and had very good discussions. In addition, we had CIS representatives available at the Exhibit Hall. Read the minutes of the CIS Town Hall Meeting 2011 in Reno.