The Award for Technical Innovation in Industrial Engineering
Honors a single innovative technical contribution to the industrial engineering profession that may be recognized in any of several forms, including theory, design, application, implementation and leadership, to name a few.
IIE members and non-members. Members of the IIE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible.
Normally, one award is conferred annually to a single candidate or to two or more candidates involved in a single innovative technical contribution. Candidates must have distinguished themselves in one of the following ways:
- Significantly expanded the body of knowledge associated with a functional area of industrial engineering through theoretical development or innovative application constituting a major new concept, tool, or technique.
- Established or adapted, through work and reputation, a body of knowledge new to industrial engineering such that it is accepted theoretically or successfully implemented in industry, thus expanding the traditional IE universe.
- Provided exceptional technical leadership in a major interdisciplinary project.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.