Ergonomics – Webinar archive
The following presentations served as previews for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2017 in Orlando, Florida:
- Ergo Successes in Manufacturing and Office Settings
Ben Zavitz, General Dynamics, Bath Iron Works and Tom Albin, High Plains Engineering Services
- Ergonomics - Crossing Borders
Katharine Metters, Posturite | Office Furniture & Equipment
- Office & Institutional Furniture Seating Standards
Teresa Bellingar, Ph.D., Haworth, Inc. and Randy Ruster, Herman Miller, Inc.
- How to Win an Ergo Cup
Jeffrey Miller, Gino D'Aurizio, JNJ, Monica Martlis, Axendia and Jeff Hoyle, The Ergonomics Center
- Choosing the Right Fit for Your Ergonomic Needs
Elmer Lee, Ph.D., head of exploration, Conceptual Innovation LLC
- The Aging Workforce and Impacts on Ergonomic Design
Blake McGowan, ergonomics engineer, Human tech
- Patient Care Ergonomics: Why OSHA Includes it as a Top Priority
Mary Matz, MSPH, Veterans Health Administration
- Safety, Health and Wellness: Enhancing Our Safety Culture Through Collaboration
Anthony Banks, Steven Wish and Kim Silbaugh, Lockheed Martin Corp.
- The Bad Ergonomics of Order fulfillment in the Retail Industry
Jim Galante, chairman, EASE Council
The following presentations served as previews for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2016 in Orlando, Florida:
- The Frugal Ergonomic Engineer
Len Walsh, assistant professor and program director, Goodwin College
- NIOSH Lifting Equation
Jack Lu, Ph.D., researcher, NIOSH
- Effort and Anthropometric Change
Paul Adams, Ph.D., Applied Safety and Ergonomics Inc. and Bruce Bradtmiller, Ph.D., Anthrotech
- How Do I Chose The Correct Ergo Assessment Tool(s)?
Jim Potvin, Ph.D., emeritus professor, McMaster University
- The Bad Ergonomics of Order Fulfillment in Distribution Centers
Presenter: James Galante, Southworth Products and EASE Council
- Insights and Tips From Past Ergo Cup Winners
Presenters: Chris Shieldsmith, Cummins, Inc. and Jim Grawe and Jared Shutwell, Manchester Tank & Equipment Co.
The Correlation Between Hamstring Tightness and Low Back Pain in Seated Workers
Presenters: Ahmed Radwan, Ph.D., associate professor, and Thomas A. Crist, Ph.D., professor, Utica College
- Closing the Gap: Where to Find and Access New Ergonomics Research
Presenter: Gary Allread, Ph.D., program director, Ohio State
- Introducing Ergonomics to the Product Design Process Using Six Sigma
Presenter: Chris Shieldsmith, corporate ergonomics specialist, Cummins Inc.
The following presentations served as previews for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2015 in Nashville, Tennessee:
- Ergonomics in Risk Selection and Customer Service
Presenter: Bill Boyd, SVP CNA Risk Control
- Getting Ready for OSHA Ergo Investigation
Presenter: Gary Orr, P.E., C.P.E., ergonomist/human factors engineer, OSHA
- Leadership in Ergonomics: Over Coming the Hurdles of an Ergonomics Program
Presenters: Davana Pilczuk, corporate wellness & ergonomics manager and Kevin Barefield, senior ergonomics, Gulfstream Aerospace
- See, Solve, Share and GoGreen: Four Concepts to Create a Powerful Participatory Ergonomics Culture
Presenter: Ben Zavitz, corporate ergonomist, General Dynamics Bath Iron Works
- Cost Justification and ROI of Ergonomics Program Improvements
Presenters: Rick Goggins, ergonomist, Washington State Department of Labor and James Mallon, executive vice president and ergonomics engineer, Humantech Inc.
- Ergonomics and the Changing Workforce
Presenter: Stephen D. Hudock, Ph.D., C.S.P., research safety engineer, National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- In Ergonomics, The Whole Person Matters
Presenter: Colin Drury, Ph.D., professor emeritus, University at Buffalo, SUNY
- How to Effectively Submit an Abstract
Presenters: Julia Abate, senior ergonomic specialist, SAS; and Mark E. Benden, Ph.D., CPE, associate professor, Texas A&M Ergonomics Center
- Flexible Workforce
Presenters: James Galante, director of business development, Southworth Products Corp. and Mark E. Benden CPE, Ph.D., associate professor, Texas A&M Ergonomics Center
The following presentations served as previews for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2014 in Orlando, Florida:
- AEC First-Time Attendee Orientation
Presenters: Susan Murphey, principal, Essential WorkWellness and Mike Lampl, C.P.E., ergonomics technical advisor, Ohio BWC's
- Will Sitting Kill Us? If So, What Can We Do? If Not, Why All the Hype?
Presenter: Peter Budnick, Ph.D., C.P.E., chief executive officer, Ergoweb®
- Addressing Ergonomics in Disabilities and in Design
Presenters: Laura Lapidus, risk control consulting director at CNA, and Josh Kerst, vice president and ergonomics engineer at Humantech
- Making the Case for Ergonomics and Where It Stands in Mobile Technology
Presenters: Rick Goggins, ergonomist for the Washington State Department of Labor, and Jack Dennerlein, professor in the Bouvé College of Health Sciences at Northeastern University and adjunct professor of ergonomics and safety at the Harvard School of Public Health
- Overcoming Ergonomics Challenges in Obesity and Material Handling
Presenters: Ted Borgstadt, CEO of TrestleTree, and Jim Galante, chairman of the EASE Council
- Applied Ergonomics Conference: The Ergo Cup® Competition
Presenters: Karl Siegfried, MEMIC, and Wayne Maynard, Liberty Mutual
- How to Submit a Great Abstract to the Applied Ergonomics Conference!
Presenters: Julia Abate, C.P.E., SAS and Deepesh Desai, C.P.E., Humantech
The following presentations served as previews for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2013 in Dallas, Texas:
- Emerging Issues & Trends in Ergonomics I: AEC 2013-The Ergo Cup® Competition
Presenters: Karl Siegfried, Wayne Maynard and Ben Zavitz
- Emerging Issues & Trends in Ergonomics II: Communicating Ergonomics and the Interaction of Ergonomics Research and Practice
Presenters: Rob Tannen, Ph.D., C.P.E., and Patrick G. Dempsey, Ph.D., C.P.E.
- Emerging Issues & Trends in Ergonomics III: Applied Ergonomics Conference 2013 Preview
Presenters: Carol Stuart-Buttle, BCPE, and W. Gary Allread, Institute for Ergonomics-The Ohio State University
- Emerging Issues & Trends in Ergonomics IV: Participatory Ergonomics
Presenter: Peter Budnick, ErgoWeb®
- Emerging Issues & Trends in Ergonomics V: Office Furniture and Equipment: The Latest Standards and Best Selection Process
Presenters: Lucy Hart, The Global Group, and Janet Peterson, J.P. Ergonomic Consulting
Other popular webinars
This webinar features presentations on two challenging ergonomics topics. One will cover a solution to the epidemic obesity problem in the United States. The other will tackle ways to reduce injuries from manual material handling in manufacturing and assembly jobs. This webinar is open to members and nonmembers.
New to the Applied Ergonomics Conference? Confused about the conference agenda? Wondering what the Ergo Cup® is? Wish you knew the difference between a Master Track and Roundtable session? Susan and Mike will provide pointers on navigating your way through the Applied Ergonomics Conference. With numerous talks, excellent networking opportunities, the renowned Ergo Cup® Competition and an exhibit hall full of exciting products and services – you’ll want to know how to best use your time at the conference.
Participatory ergonomics is an effective approach to introduce and grow ergonomics methods and awareness in smaller enterprises, where an ergonomics expert is not likely to be available on an ongoing basis, and even if available, perhaps not affordable. Participatory methods are especially effective in organizations that are on a "lean journey."
The focus of the presentation is from an insurance company's workers' compensation perspective on the issues associated with material handling in the retail and wholesale environment.
Presenters are featured speakers at the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2012
In this webinar, presenters gave an overview of planned talks for the conference and discussed how topics relate to current trends in ergonomics. Sandra Woolley gave an overview of her talk, "Having Trouble Implementing an Ergonomics Program? Consider Partnering with Quality" and Ben Zavitz gave an overview of his workshop, "Application of New Ergonomic Tools and Methods to the Lean, Ergonomics & Six Sigma Process."
Presenters are featured speakers at the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2012
In this webinar, presenters give an overview of planned talks for the conference and discuss how topics relate to current trends in ergonomics. Peter Budnick discusses, "Global Ergonomics and the Wired World: Challenges and Opportunities." Bill Boyd provides insight on "Becoming a Certified Professional Ergonomist."
This session will provide a brief overview of the Ergo Cup® including submission categories, guidelines on a successful registration, instructions on how to submit a registration and hear from two 2012 Ergo Cup winners highlighting their projects and their overall experience with the Ergo Cup competition.
This webinar allows participants to learn from the experiences of three companies who have collectively been conducting internal Ergo Cup® competitions for nearly 20 years. GE, PPG Industries and Honda of America have all been holding and making incremental improvements to their company's Ergo Cup® programs for several years.
This webinar, facilitated by the Ergo Cup co-chairs, will provide valuable tips for enhancing your online application thereby improving the competitiveness of your Ergo Cup entry.
Learn how Raytheon manages ergo teams across multiple locations by making ergonomic services available, using Six Sigma tools, and developing and training the team. Raytheon will also share the results and lessons learned from their efforts.
During this webinar, Matlis will share her experiences on creating a winning Ergo Cup booth without breaking the budget. You will learn "must-haves" to help you communicate your story and impress on the judges and conference attendees the results you have achieved through the implementation of your project.
Click here to view upcoming GOErgo/AEC webinars.