Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital Recruitment Redesign
Principal Management Engineer
Henry Ford Health System
The presentation will discuss the process design, decision analysis and continuous improvement techniques used to hire and orient over a thousand employees for the 192 bed Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital.
The following lists the proposed sections of the presentation:
Defining the Applicant Experience
- Voice of the Customer and Voice of the Employee
- Talent Plus - a component of the interview process to determine if the applicant has the right talent for the position that they applied for.
- The ideal applicant process
- Identify process changes from the current HFHS applicant experience
- The applicant experience swimlane diagram
- Assigned roles to each step in the process
- Metrics used to measure the process
Staffing the Applicant Experience
- A quick overview on how the staffing for the 192 bed hospital was completed.
- Using Decision Trees to estimate the number of applicants needed to fill the positions.
- Staffing tools used to determine the number of HR staff required to open the hospital.
- Recruiters, employee relations, interview analysts, assistants, etc.
Measuring our success
- The applicant tracking log
- WBH Dashboard