Outstanding Faculty Advisor Recognition Award
The regional award recognizes advisors that have demonstrated substantial contributions to the chapter by supporting officers and student activities through excellence as a teacher, advisor, and mentor. One award is presented per region. Nominations at this level are reviewed by the region vice president. Winners of the regional awards are eligible for the Global Outstanding Faculty Advisor Award.
The global award is created to recognize the dedicated efforts of one student chapter advisor who, through his or her work has exemplified above all others IISE's commitment to education, personal, professional, and technical development of students in IISE related fields of interest. The Networking Leadership Council award committee reviews the nomination forms of the region winners to select the recipient of the global award.
Recipients of the regional award will each receive a personalized certificate and are honored in a rolling presentation at the IISE Annual Conference and Expo.
The recipient of the global award will receive a plaque which will be presented at the Honors and Awards ceremony at the annual conference.
- Students and/or local senior chapters must complete the nomination form with a supporting letter from the department head
- The nominating chapter must meet the chapter health requirements as defined by IISE
- The nominee must have been a chapter advisor for more than a year
- Past winners are ineligible for re-nomination for a two-year period
- Region vice presidents and IISE board members are also ineligible during their term of office
- Red chapters are ineligible to nominate a candidate
- Student chapter interaction and activities are an important part of the review process
- Bonus points will be awarded for:
- Senior chapter recommendations
- Department chair recommendations
Nomination form must be submitted electronically on or before Feb. 27.
Send nominations to Membership Administrator.