Healthcare is in crisis
A best practice is a method, process, activity, incentive, or reward that is believed to be more effective at delivering a particular outcome than any other technique, method, or process, when applied to a particular condition or circumstance. They are the processes, practices, and systems identified in public and private organizations that performed exceptionally well and are widely recognized as improving an organization's performance and efficiency in specific areas.
IIE’s Best Practices conferences showcase the leaders in the application of industrial engineering, ergonomics, supply chain management, and health care improvement.
Lean and Six Sigma tools have worked with clinics, hospitals and other organizations to over a wide range of challenges including increasing patient capacity, reducing wait time in clinics and emergency rooms, decreasing scheduling time for surgeries and procedures, and reducing appointment cancellations and boosting incremental revenue.
The conference provides case studies of lean and six sigma and how it has been used in healthcare.
Top reasons to attend this event
- Reduced costs and increased capacity allow you to improve the quality of and reduce the cost of healthcare in the community.
- Enhance patient quality and safety through more stable processes that promote better outcomes, improved patient flow and reduced wait times, resulting in superior patient satisfaction.
- Avoid spending millions on new equipment and new facilities by reducing waste and inefficiency and making better use of current assets.
- Job enrichment results as healthcare professionals are empowered to use lean and six sigma tools and methods to solve problems as soon as they happen, rather than the frustration of always chasing symptoms and Band-Aid fixes.
Get management approval
- IIE has a five-step plan on how to get the education you need to make you a success in your career.
- Try using this letter to explain how the one-day seminar will be valuable to both you and your company or organization.
WEBINAR: 'Management Buy-In: Improve Quality & Efficiency at Healthcare Facilities'
- Click here to view the video and review the presentations.