Poster Session COMPETITION
The 2015 ELSS Poster Session highlights and shares best practices and tangible results achieved by applying Lean Six Sigma (LSS) methodology and tools across multiple industries and settings. This forum provides a visual presentation of storyboards of industry-based case studies, results of independent and sponsored research as well as best practices in academic innovations using LSS tools and techniques. The poster session is open to all conference attendees. Posters will be on display throughout the conference. There will be dedicated time during the conference where poster submitters will need to be available to be interviewed (to be eligible for prizes), but the information contained on the poster should speak for itself. Winners will be announced and prizes distributed at the luncheon on the final day of the conference (Oct. 2).
Three Core Tracks
Poster presentations should be associated with one of the three core tracks of the ELSS Conference:
Lean Six Sigma Applications Track
Present a poster (including project storyboards) showcasing your industry-specific Lean Six Sigma project and case studies from government, healthcare, manufacturing, retail, logistics, supply chain or other industry application.
Lean Six Sigma Research Track
Present a poster on ways your organization or team created cross-disciplinary approach to research and explore practical recommendations for improving the conceptualization, effective implementation and sustainment of lean Six Sigma initiatives.
Lean Six Sigma Education Track
Present your poster on best practices you and your organization have developed to bring lean and six sigma into the classroom.
Preparing a well-organized, visually-pleasing poster requires you to plan well in advance. First, consider your audience and what type of poster you'll create. Next, gather your supplies and decide what information to include. From this point, create the text and graphics. Remember to consider how these work together and then format your poster accordingly.
- MAXIMUM Poster Size: 36 inches X 48 inches (ALL ENTRIES)
- Layout Orientation: Landscape or Portrait
- Materials: Paper-based poster with matte finish or coated paper
- Key Information: Include the following information on the front of your poster: Project title; submitter's name, phone, email, school/organization and location; and type of poster submitted (industry applications, research or academic).
Attendee (peer) Voting
Each registered ELSS conference attendee will receive a Poster Session ballot in their welcome package/tote. The ballot will contain: title of poster; name of submitter; and type of poster (industry application, research or academic). Attendees will designate their first, second and third preferences (only). They will drop off their completed ballot at the IIE registration/information booth prior to 9:00 a.m. on the final day of the conference. Peer scores will be combined with the scores from the judging panel for an overall score.
Formal Judging Panel
A panel of LSS master black belts, academicians and researchers will also score each poster using the following criteria:
- Use of lean Six Sigma tools and methodology
- Presentation aesthetics
- Significant results achieved: case study project or research findings
D. Junell Scheeres, president/founder
$1,050 in cash award prizes will be distributed to the team/submitter of the posters with the highest cumulative scores for each category (industry application, research and academic):
- First Prize: $200
- Second Prize: $100
- Third Prize: $50
Key Timelines and Deliverables
In order to adequately plan the Poster Session space, you will need to accomplish the following activities, by the date designated, to be eligible for award of prizes:
- Notify 2015 ELSS Poster Session POC/IIE POC of intent to submit poster by Aug. 15. Contact D. Junell Scheeres at firstname.lastname@example.org or Carol Le Blanc at email@example.com.
- Include: Contact information (name/title of poster/school or organization/location/phone and email)
- Designate Poster Category: Designate as either: industry application, LSS research or LSS academic poster
- Bring Poster and deliver to the Conference Information Desk upon conference check-in from 1-5 p.m. Sept. 30.
- In Place Poster Access: Be at your poster to share your findings with judges and peers from 1:15-1:45 p.m. Oct. 1.
- SME Judges & Peer Voting: Ballots will be accepted from 9 a.m. Oct. 1 to 9 a.m. Oct. 2.
- Winners Announced and Prizes Awarded: Conclusion of Conference luncheon at 12:15 p.m.-1:45 p.m. Oct. 2.