5 day(s) | 3.50 CEUs REGISTRATION FEE: Member: $1,995 | Non-member: $2,345
This seminar, the introductory course in Lean Six Sigma, will give you a thorough understanding of Lean Six Sigma and its focus on eliminating defects through fundamental process knowledge. Topics covered in addition to DMAIIC, lean, and Six Sigma philosophy, include basic statistics, value stream mapping,statistical process control, waste reduction, process capability, financial implications and root cause analysis. This seminar is offered in the classroom and online.
Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics, waste reduction, and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Lean Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, lean and six sigma analysis, including statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Lean and Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Lean Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Lean Six Sigma implementation in your organization. To earn the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate, you will be required to pass IIE's Lean Six Sigma green belt exam.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
• A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework
• An aerospace manufacturing organization saved over $100,000 by reducing waste
• A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent
• A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process
• Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings
• A Web developer increased annual profits by 10 percent by cutting cycle time
• A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year
This course is available as a corporate training program and can be customized to meet your company’s needs. For more information, contact IIE Director of Continuing Education and Program Development Larry Aft, P.E., (770) 349-1130.
Class cancellation: IIE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date.