With the advent of new technologies, some companies have moved away from using work standards— and performance has suffered. Work measurement is no longer just a time study. For next generation companies, work measurement has become a knowledge-centered activity providing complete knowledge of the human-process interface. Return to the roots of managing business processes. Learn the importance of using work standards and discover why they are key elements of the management information system necessary for process improvements and lean manufacturing.
This class "Work Measurement Online" is a great refresher for work measurement! The company I work for has given me a project to develop new work standards for all operations (BIG project). I have an IE degree but I haven't really done time studies for almost 10 years and this course is exactly what I needed!
- John Rogstad
What You Will Learn:
- Analyze and improve work methods
- Explain the importance of work standards for competitive operations
- Utilize work measurement to set standards
The On-Demand course is divided into four units. Each unit includes 30 or more minutes of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Introduction
- Unit 2: Impact of Standards, Documentation and Charting
- Unit 3: Standard Time, Elements and Performance Ratings
- Unit 4: Time Study Excercise, Labor Reporting, Work Sampling and Standard Data
After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Work Measurement Exam. The exam is included in the course fee. To pass the exam participants must achiever a score of 70% or higher. To learn more about this format click here.
In addition throughout the course you will be asked to submit various excercises to your instructor. In order to achieve the certificate your instructor must review and approve all of your work as well as pass the online exam.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for six(6) months. Access will expire six(6) months from the date of purchase.
- You must have access to a DVD player or the capability to play a DVD on your computer. Two DVD's will be shipped immediately after purchasing the course. These DVD's are used to complete course assignments.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course you will be e-mailed a receipt for your purchase. At the bottom of that receipt will be the link to the login page. Alternatively, you can reach the login page by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the training website (www.iietrainingcenter.org). Login with your user name and password you setup during the registration process and you will see a list of the online courses you have purchased with their expiration dates. Click the "Select" link next to the course you wish to view. You will then be taken to a page with links to the Units. Simply click the "Launch" button next to the Unit you wish to view.
- Learn about work standards and the importance of properly defined work processes
- Find out how to differentiate the methods of work measurement
- Perform sample studies on actual manufacturing and service operations
- Understand the role of standards as management information
- Set and develop standards using stopwatch time study and work sampling
- Understand uses of standards and methods of setting standards
- Understand how to use production studies
- Reduce product cost using standards
- Process documentation for methods analysis and improvement
- Produce job standard sheets
- Create elemental descriptions
- Use time study
- Apply work sampling
- Develop standard data
- Understand labor variance reporting
- Perform job analysis
- Create job descriptions
- Develop wage surveys
- Perform job evaluation