30-Day Money-Back Guarantee - Click here for details
This three-day equivalent course provides an in-depth understanding of lean enterprise principles and how to apply them within your organization. Your lean journey begins with a series of interactive simulations that demonstrate how each lean concept is applied and its impact on the process. Mapping the process flow and identifying the activities that add value from the customer's perspective is the cornerstone of this class. The class is then given a scenario and the students simulate the conversion from traditional to lean in a practical hands-on environment. The course also provides a structure for how to manage a lean process for continuous improvement. Participants will learn how to structure their organizations to support and continuously improve a lean process. Participants will also fully understand how to implement 5S within their plants and how to begin reducing setup time using the SMED process.
I just wanted to let you know that we were very pleased with your training with our risk control staff. The feedback has been excellent and I really appreciate that you have helped us "further push" our expertise and customer services. Thank you for a great job and we will be in touch for future training needs as well as thoughts you may have with our health and safety service metrics. Thank you!
- William Boyd, CNA Insurance
What You Will Learn:
Upon completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Create and improve a lean process
- Implement 5S to develop a safe, clean working environment
- Map the process flow and identify activities that add value
- Reduce setup time using the SMED process
- Flow: Establishing one-piece flow across the value-adding activities
- Point-Of-Use: Using workplace organization and equipment setup reduction techniques to enable flow by having all equipment and materials readily accessible
- Pull: Providing a method for continuously replenishing materials as they are consumed by customer demand
- Built-in Quality: Continuously improving each step of the production process to eliminate variation and to pursue the goal of perfect product and process quality
- Build to Demand: Learn to produce only to actual customer demand
The On-Demand course is divided into seven units. Each unit will include from 30 minutes or more of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Lean Enterprise
- Unit 2: Value and Value Stream
- Unit 3: Eliminate Waste
- Unit 4: 5S and Lean
- Unit 5: More Value Stream Mapping, Standard Work
- Unit 6: Takt Time, SMED/SUS, POU, Push vs Pull, Future State Mapping
- Unit 7: Implementation
After completing the course materials you will have the option to take the online Lean Green Belt Exam. The exam is included in the course fee. Participants who pass the exam (70% or higher) will receive the IIE Lean Green Belt Certificate.
To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for 180 days from the date of purchase.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course, you will be emailed access instructions. If you don't receive the email, first check your spam folder and then contact email@example.com.
I really appreciate your willingness to accommodate [my employee] and your prompt responses during a holiday week. These dates and the location work perfectly for [him], and hopefully this will give him the training he needs to eventually be an instructor with our internal LGB program. We have realized many benefits from our partnership with IIE.
- Jonathan Ewaldz, director, operational effectiveness, performance & analytics, Palmetto Health
I was in the training department for a while, and this is one of the very best I have seen. Thanks to you and your team. They are adept in handling customers.
- Tolulope Fasakin, Florida State University student
Individuals who complete all of the course requirements will receive the Lean (or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma) Green (or Black) Belt. This certification is valid for three years and must be renewed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective April 1, 2016, there will be a $15 fee to cover administrative costs associated with the renewal. Lost certificates may be replaced using the same process.