Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization. After completing the course materials, you will have the option to take IIE's green belt exam online. The exam is included as part of the course fee. Participants who pass the exam receive IIE’s Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework.
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent.
- A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process.
- Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings.
- A Web developer increased annual profits by 10 percent by cutting cycle time.
- A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year.
What You Will Learn:
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy
The On-Demand course is divided into eight units. Each unit will include from 30 minutes to an hour of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Introduction to Six Sigma
- Unit 2: Variation
- Unit 3: Basic Statistics
- Unit 4: Control Charts
- Unit 5: Process Capability
- Unit 6: All about Six Sigma
- Unit 7: Root Cause Analysis
- Unit 8: Summary and Case Study
To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for six (6) months. Access will expire six (6) months from the date of purchase.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course you will be e-mailed a receipt for your purchase. At the bottom of that receipt will be the link to the login page. Alternatively, you can reach the login page by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the training website (www.iietrainingcenter.org). Login with your user name and password you setup during the registration process and you will see a list of the online courses you have purchased with their expiration dates. Click the "Select" link next to the course you wish to view. You will then be taken to a page with links to the Units. Simply click the "Launch" button next to the Unit you wish to view.
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Six Sigma Projects
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability
- Sigma Levels
- Root Cause Analysis
- Break Even
- Flow Charts
- Pareto Analysis
- Check Sheets
- Ishikawa Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals Including
- Value Of Six Sigma
- Organizational Factors Influencing Six Sigma
- Process Analysis - SIPOC
- Case Studies