30-Day Money-Back Guarantee - Click here for details
Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization. After completing the course materials, you will have the option to take IIE's green belt exam online. The exam is included as part of the course fee. Participants who pass the exam receive IIE’s Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework.
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent.
- A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process.
- Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings.
- A Web developer increased annual profits by 10 percent by cutting cycle time.
- A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year.
[I want] to say how much of a pleasure it was to have you for an instructor. Throughout the course, it was very apparent that you were incredibly experienced with all of the principles the course was designed to teach. I have rarely been instructed by someone who thoroughly knows the subject matter, enjoys the material and can appropriately teach it. The additional information you provided regarding job searching was something no one else had ever mentioned to me, and it was also very useful. Thank you for passing on a little of your hard-earned experience to the next generation.
- Joseph Cassata, Youngstown State University
What You Will Learn:
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy
The On-Demand course is divided into eight units. Each unit will include from 30 minutes to an hour of recorded material (audio and video).
- Unit 1: Introduction to Six Sigma
- Unit 2: Variation
- Unit 3: Basic Statistics
- Unit 4: Control Charts
- Unit 5: Process Capability
- Unit 6: All about Six Sigma
- Unit 7: Root Cause Analysis
- Unit 8: Summary and Case Study
To learn more about this format click here.
- Users of On Demand Seminars must have an established Internet connection.
- Access to content is only available for 180 days from the date of purchase.
On Demand Viewing Tips
How to Access
After you have registered for the course you will be e-mailed a receipt for your purchase. At the bottom of that receipt will be the link to the login page. Alternatively, you can reach the login page by clicking the "My Account" link at the top of the training website (www.iietrainingcenter.org). Login with your user name and password you setup during the registration process and you will see a list of the online courses you have purchased with their expiration dates. Click the "Select" link next to the course you wish to view. You will then be taken to a page with links to the Units. Simply click the "Launch" button next to the Unit you wish to view.
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Six Sigma Projects
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability
- Sigma Levels
- Root Cause Analysis
- Break Even
- Flow Charts
- Pareto Analysis
- Check Sheets
- Ishikawa Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals Including
- Value Of Six Sigma
- Organizational Factors Influencing Six Sigma
- Process Analysis - SIPOC
- Case Studies
I honestly feel privileged to have worked with IIE. The professionalism that has been expressed towards me has almost been a sigh of relief when compared to how one is often treated as a student (especially as a student who is a couple years older than the general student body). Also I wanted to add that having the opportunity to be a student taught by Mr. [Doug] Long has been a privilege in itself. Lastly, I have found the speed in which everyone at IIE responds to emails and puts thoughts into action somewhat frightening; I am still not sure how you all do it. Thanks a million again; working with IIE has been a great experience!
- Ted Mullan, Youngstown State University
I spoke with a number of the participants, and they were extremely pleased with the way you taught the class and explained the statistical portion. You did an excellent job and we certainly will talk about some future activities.
- George Chelovich, CNA Insurance
The instructor is very knowledgeable and explains things in a strcutured manner. He has good communication skills that go along with his understanding of the subject matter. He also give real-life experiences to help us understand better.
- Aniket Gur, University of Michigan
The instructor was very accomodating and the way he taught [the material] was kind of amazing.
- Suyash Reddy Yellasiri, University of Michigan