Learn how to integrate principles of business, statistics and engineering to achieve tangible results. Master the use of Six Sigma to quantify the critical quality issues in your company. Once the issues have been quantified, statistics can be applied to provide probabilities of success and failure. Six Sigma methods increase productivity and enhance quality. As a Six Sigma green belt, you will be equipped to support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization. The final afternoon of the class you will have the option to take IISE's green belt exam. The exam is included in the course fee. Participants who pass the exam receive IISE's Six Sigma Green Belt Certificate.
Prior seminar participants have reported significant savings from implementing their projects.
- A financial services organization saw $128,000 in cost savings per quarter when they reduced transaction processing rework
- A state agency reduced project cost over-runs by 28 percent
- A transportation company saved more than $875,000 per year in turnover costs by improving the employee communications process
- Reduced errors in a painting operation led to increased first pass acceptance and more than $197,000 in annual savings
- A Web developer increased annual profits by 10 percent by cutting cycle time
- A wave solder operation saw defects reduced by half and costs reduced by $60,000 per year
I took your Six Sigma Green Belt class at USC a couple of weeks ago. I was hoping it would add something to make me stand out on a resume and it worked! I just accepted an awesome position at a semiconductor tech company, and I firmly believe sharing what I learned from your class and case studies was a major factor in what I think scored me the job. … Your course was a big factor on getting my job, and I'd like to keep learning! I can't thank you enough for how informative the program was. Definitely looking forward to further classes in the future!
- Daniel Brumby, University of Southern California, Los Angeles
What You Will Learn:
- Design and develop Six Sigma projects
- Determine process capability
- Employ the DMAIC process
- Perform basic statistical analysis on process measurements
- Prepare root cause analysis
- Support and champion Six Sigma implementation in your organization
- Understand the Six Sigma philosophy
- Six Sigma Philosophy
- Six Sigma Projects
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Capability
- Sigma Levels
- Root Cause Analysis
- Break Even
- Flow Charts
- Pareto Analysis
- Check Sheets
- Ishikawa Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Six Sigma and Organizational Goals Including
- Value Of Six Sigma
- Organizational Factors Influencing Six Sigma
- Process Analysis - SIPOC
- Case Studies
I honestly feel privileged to have worked with IISE. The professionalism that has been expressed towards me has almost been a sigh of relief when compared to how one is often treated as a student (especially as a student who is a couple years older than the general student body). Also I wanted to add that having the opportunity to be a student taught by Mr. [Doug] Long has been a privilege in itself. Lastly, I have found the speed in which everyone at IISE responds to emails and puts thoughts into action somewhat frightening; I am still not sure how you all do it. Thanks a million again; working with IISE has been a great experience!
- Ted Mullan, Youngstown State University
I spoke with a number of the participants, and they were extremely pleased with the way you taught the class and explained the statistical portion. You did an excellent job and we certainly will talk about some future activities.
- George Chelovich, CNA Insurance
The instructor is very knowledgeable and explains things in a structured manner. He has good communication skills that go along with his understanding of the subject matter. He also give real-life experiences to help us understand better.
- Aniket Gur, University of Michigan
The instructor was very accommodating and the way he taught [the material] was kind of amazing.
- Suyash Reddy Yellasiri, University of Michigan
Your class exceeded my expectations and was extremely informative. I am looking forward to applying Six Sigma to my projects at my organization.”
– Johnna Randazzo, project manager, Arrowhead Evaluation Services Inc.
Individuals who complete all of the course requirements will receive the Lean (or Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma) Green (or Black) Belt. This certification is valid for three years and must be renewed by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Effective April 1, 2016, there will be a $15 fee to cover administrative costs associated with the renewal. Lost certificates may be replaced using the same process.
IISE reserves the right to cancel a class up to 15 business days prior to the scheduled start date