Thank you for attending the 18th Annual Applied Ergonomics Conference!
The Institute of Industrial Engineers and GOErgo would like to thank you for attending the 2015 Applied Ergonomics Conference! We hope you enjoyed the conference and are returning to work refreshed and energized with new ideas you can immediately put into practice. We hope to see you again for AEC 2016, March 21-24, 2016, in Orlando, Florida!
The AEC Conference Proceedings are online at www.xcdsystem.com/appliedergo/proceedings/. Click on "Conference Program" in the top menu, select the day and session in which you'd like to find more information.
View the presentation slides from William Boyd's March 18 keynote presentation.
Be a part of the Applied Ergonomics Conference!
Click here to submit your abstract now for the Applied Ergonomics Conference 2016!
AEC 2015 video highlights
AEC 2015 photo album
Click here to view images from the Applied Ergonomics Conference in Nashville.
2015 Ergo Cup® Competition winners
The internationally recognized Ergo Cup® competition, sponsored by the Ergonomics Center of North Carolina and Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at North Carolina State University and presented by IIE, provides an exciting opportunity for companies to highlight their successful ergonomics solutions. The general theme across all Ergo Cup® categories is innovation.
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Ergonomics Program Improvement Initiatives winner is Toyota TMMK, Georgetown, Ky. - "Hand Dominance Program: Breaking Old Habits."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions I - Team-Driven Workplace Solutions winner is Gulfstream Aerospace, Savannah, Ga. - "360° Clean."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions I - Team-Driven Workplace Solutions (with Internal Competitions) winner is Manchester Tank and Equipment, Quincy, Ill. - "User-Friendly Threadless Coupling Vessel Hanger." Watch this video of a brief demonstration from the AEC 2015 Exhibit Hall.
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions II - Engineering/Ergonomist-Driven Workplace Solutions winner is General Dynamics Land Systems, Tallahassee, Fla. - "The 'Talla-Twister' for Heavy Gauge Wire Braiding."
- The Ergo Cup® Award for Workplace Solutions II - Engineering/Ergonomist-Driven Workplace Solutions (with Internal Competitions) winner is Cummins Inc., Jamestown, N.Y. – "The Knight Knuckle."
Ergo Excellence Awards
In addition to the Ergo Cup®, five Ergo Excellence awards are bestowed. The Ergo Excellence awards are chosen by ballot of all conference attendees.
- The Ergo Cup® Excellence Award for Presentation Quality was presented to Honda of South Carolina, Timmonsville, S.C. - "Coupler Compressor."
- The Ergo Cup® Excellence Award for Innovation was presented to Gulfstream Aerospace from Appleton, Wis. - "Magnet Dispenser."
- The Ergo Cup® Excellence Award for Cost Savings was presented to Volkswagen Group of America, Chattanooga, Tenn. – "Parts Delivery Rack Optimization."
- The Ergo Cup® Excellence Award for Simplicity was presented to Gulfstream Aerospace, Savannah, Ga. – ABS - Acoustic Blanket Stick."
- The Ergo Cup® Excellence Award for Ergonomics Risk was presented to Honda of Canada Mfg., Alliston, Ontario, Canada – "Ergo Buggy: Balanced Tilting Cart for Part Presentation."
Creativeness in Ergonomics (CE)
Each year, GOErgo and the Applied Ergonomics Conference Committee present these two awards for ergonomics creativity.
The CE Practitioner of the Year Award
Sponsored by Liberty Mutual Insurance Co., this award recognizes achievements in the creative application of ergonomics, including process improvement, education, applied instrumentation and product development.
The CE Practitioner of the Year Award was presented to Leonard Walsh of Goodwin College, East Hartford, Conn.
The CE Student of the Year Award
Sponsored by CNA Insurance Co., this award recognizes achievements in ergonomics application or research, including process improvement, education, applied instrumentation and product development.
The CE Student of the Year Award was presented to Maria Pato, University of Porto, Portugal.
Congratulations to "The Shamrocks," winners of the Ergo Quiz Bowl!
Team members include:
- Jeannie Long
- Matthew Daigle
- Brian Golob
- Ted Fratta
- Kelly Lynch
- Mike Losee
Follow AEC 2015 online!
Share your conference experience on social media! Look for event announcements, schedule updates, and post your conference discussions and comments on Twitter (and use the hashtag #AEC2015), Facebook and LinkedIn.