Hotel and Travel
Photo credits listed at bottom of page.
All educational sessions will be held at the Palais des Congrés de Montréal.
Since it opened in 1983, the Palais has built a reputation for excellence spanning the globe. After more than 5,500 events and 15 million visitors, the Palais has developed an unparalleled level of expertise in the industry.
Make your hotel reservations now.
All hotels are directly across the street from the Palais des Congrés.
Embassy Suites Montréal
208 Saint Antoine Ouest
Single/Double - $199.00 CAD, plus 18% tax.
The Embassy Suites by Hilton Montreal is centrally located at the cornerstone of Old Montréal and the Downtown core and within walking distance from the Palais des Congrès, the Financial District, The Port of Montréal, shops, restaurants, museums, exciting nightlife and events for the whole family. Experience the "Joie de Vivre" that Montréal is renowned for at the Embassy Suites Montréal.
You'll find plenty to do within walking distance of Embassy Suites Montréal. Montréal's underground shopping connects more than 1,700 boutiques and 37 exposition rooms or theatre auditoriums. The Old Port and historic Old Montréal with more than 200 restaurants and cafés, bustling St. Catherine Street - Embassy Suites is just mere minutes away from all of these.
360 Saint-Antoine Street West
Single/Double - $209.00 CAD, plus 18% tax.
At the InterContinental Montreal, we have just one objective: to create for you a delightful, passion-filled experience that will live on forever in your memory. The perfect blend of intimate boutique hotel atmosphere and the peerless service of a luxurious Four-Diamond hotel, the InterContinental Montreal offers the best of both worlds.
The InterContinental Montreal flaunts the perfect alliance of rich historical heritage and the fresh contemporary design. Elegantly overlooking the international business area with its 26-story turret, the hotel is located above the Montreal World Trade Centre between Old Montreal and the business district and just across the street from the Palais des Congrès. Ideally positioned for a business trip or cultural getaway.
Le Westin Montréal
270, Saint-Antoine West
Single/Double - $209.00 CAD, plus 18% tax.
Le Westin Montreal is sure to become a hallmark Montreal hotel, located at the corner of St. Antoine and St. Pierre in Old Montreal and linked with the Palais des Congrès and the underground city. Rich in history, a unique main entrance allows cars to drive into a grand hall that once housed the printing presses of The Gazette newspaper.
Le Westin Montréal opens onto the cobblestone streets of Old Montreal and is located just across the street from the Palais des Congrès, Montreal's largest convention facility. Le Westin Montréal hotel is also perfectly located near the many downtown restaurants, galleries, boutiques and historic sites that epitomize Quebec's rich history and its joie de vivre.
A multi-faceted city situated on the St. Lawrence River, the Island of Montréal infuses Old World charm with a modern energy that can’t be beat. With shopping, entertainment and festivals, Montréal will offer you an array of experiences, from the Old Port in Old Montréal, to the beat of the tam-tam drums on warm summer days on Mount Royal, to the hurried steps of eager shoppers on Sainte-Catherine Street. It's no surprise that Montréal's unique vibe has become a favorite with meeting attendees and planners alike, proving itself to be a destination that boosts attendance numbers.
- Montréal is the largest city in the Canadian province of Québec and is the second largest city in Canada. It is one of the five largest French-speaking cities in the world.
- Montréal was ranked third among the "Best Summer Cities in the World" in 2011 by Lonely Planet.
- Montréal won the "Best Global Destination" title in the NewNowNext Awards. Organized by TripOut Travel, the awards recognize the trendiest, hottest and most exciting destinations in the world.
- Montréal hosted the Summer Olympics in 1976, the Olympic stadium being the highest leaning tower in the world.
- Montréal is home to the infamous underground shopper's paradise known as the "Pedestrian Network."
- Montréal has the highest number of restaurants, per capita, in Canada and more per capita than New York or San Francisco.
- Montréal can be described as a cultural chameleon with a kaleidoscope of identities: "Latin capital of the north," "culinary paradise," "hub of hipdom," "mosaic of cultures" and "Paris without the jet lag," just to name a few.
Visit the sites below for more information on Montréal:
Delta Air Lines is pleased to offer special discounted airfares for the IIE Annual Conference and Expo attendees.
To take advantage of these discounts, follow these simple steps:
Click on www.delta.com/booking and enter Meeting Event code NMGQ4 then continue with online booking process. (No service fee applies for booking online.) You may also book via the Delta Meeting Network® reservations at 1-800-328-1111**, Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event code NMGQ4.
**There is a service fee for booking via 1-800 phone number.
Valid travel dates are from May 28, 2014, to June 6, 2014.
Traveling to Canada
Below is a brief summary of the VISA regulations for persons traveling to Canada to attend conferences. Note that the latest and official information on travel to Canada is maintained by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC).
EU and EEA (European Economic Area) nationals do not require a visa. In general all other foreign travelers require a visa for stays in Canada. An overview of countries indicating whether its citizens need to apply for visas is listed here. For visa exempt travelers, click here to find out more information.
More Helpful Links
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada web site: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp
- Information on visiting Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.asp
- Visiting Canada - Important information for visa exempt travellers: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/visa-exempt.asp
- VISA Offices outside of Canada: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions.asp
- Canada Border Services Letter
Photo credits (from top to bottom)
Palais des congrès de Montréal (Montréal Convention Centre)/Place Jean-Paul-Riopelle - Credit: © Tourisme Montréal, Stéphan Poulin