Poster Session - "Change the future with lean six sigma"
The 2014 ELSS Poster Session is intended to highlight best practices and tangible results achieved by applying lean Six Sigma methodology and tools across multiple industries. This forum provides an opportunity to visually present your research and industry-based LSS project storyboards. The poster session is open to all conference attendees. There will be dedicated poster session meet & greet time during the conference, but the information contained on the poster should speak for itself. Posters will be on display throughout the duration of the conference. Winners will be announced and prizes distributed at the luncheon on the final day of the conference.
Preparing a well-organized, visually-pleasing poster requires you to plan well in advance. First, consider your audience and what type of poster you'll create. Next, gather your supplies and decide what information to include. From this point, create the text and graphics. Remember to consider how these work together and then format your poster accordingly.
- STANDARD Poster Size: 36 inches X 48 inches (ALL ENTRIES)
- Layout orientation: Landscape or Portrait
- Materials: Paper-based (with matte finish or coated paper) or foam board (including tri-folds)
- Key Information: Include, as a minimum the following information: project title, submitter's name, phone, email, school/organization, location, and type of poster (Academic/Research or Industry LSS Project)
Attendee (peer) voting
Each registered ELSS conference attendee will receive a Poster Session ballot in their welcome package/tote. The ballot will contain: title of poster; name of submitter; and type of poster (research or LSS project). Attendees will designate their first, second and third preferences (only). They will drop off their completed ballot at the IIE registration/information booth prior to 10:00 am on the final day of the conference. Peer scores will be combined with the scores from the judging panel for an overall score.
A panel of LSS master black belts and researchers will also score each poster using the following criteria:
- Use of lean Six Sigma tools and methodology (Score 1-5)
- Presentation aesthetics (Score 1-5)
- Significant results achieved: case study project or research findings (Score 1-5)
D. Junell Scheeres, president/founder
$1,000 in cash award prizes will be distributed to the submitter of the posters with the highest cumulative scores:
- First Prize: $300
- Second Prize: $200
- Third Prize: $100
- Honorable Mention (8 participants; 4 Industry and 4 Academic/Research): $50
Key Timelines and Deliverables
In order to adequately plan the Poster Session space, you will need to accomplish the following activities, by the date designated, to be eligible for award of prizes:
- Notify 2014 ELSS Poster Session POC/IIE POC of intent to submit poster by Sept. 1. Contact D. Junell Scheeres at email@example.com or Carol Le Blanc at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include: Contact information (name/title of poster/school or organization/location/phone and email)
- Designate Type of Poster: Designate as either Research or LSS Project storyboard
- Bring Poster and deliver to the Conference Information Desk upon conference check-in from 1-5 p.m. Sept. 29.
- In Place Poster Access: Be at your poster to share your findings with judges and peers from 1:15-1:45 p.m. Sept. 30.
- SME Judges & Peer Voting: Ballots will be accepted from 10 a.m. Sept. 30 to 10 a.m. Oct. 1.
- Winners Announced & Prizes Awarded: Conclusion of Conference luncheon at 11:45 a.m.-1 p.m. Oct. 1.