Manufacturing & Design Division
Message from the President
Dear M&D Members,
The mission of the division is to support the IISE manufacturing and design community in advancing the state of the art. We are reaching out to division members through multiple venues including conferences, the M&D newsletter, and webinars. We have also introduced new division awards to recognize the outstanding contributions of our division members. I would like to make you aware that there are opportunities to serve in division committees that provide recommendations to the M&D Division Board.
If you are interested, please contact me (firstname.lastname@example.org) or President-elect Rohan Shirwaiker (email@example.com). I would also encourage members to contact us with any suggestions or recommendations for improving the value of the M&D Division for its members.
Manufacturing and Design Division Demographics
Why Manufacturing and Design?
It is well established that manufacturing and design problems cannot be addressed independent of each other. Product engineering needs to assess the impact of design decisions on manufacturing. Advanced manufacturing must consider both product and process innovations that address the needs of the customer and provide manufacturers with a competitive edge. The relentless pressure to innovate, improve product quality, reduce costs, and increase productivity is driving the manufacturing and design community to pursue advanced design and manufacturing technologies. Members are shaping the future of manufacturing and design by actively engaging in research and development efforts in digital design, digital manufacturing, advanced manufacturing technologies and processes, advanced materials manufacturing, and advanced sensing and control.
Upcoming IISE webinars
About the Division
What is the Manufacturing & Design Division?
The Manufacturing & Design Division is a community of professionals with interest in advancing the state of the art in manufacturing and design. The division provides a common platform for the discussion, education, and dissemination of contemporary issues in the field of manufacturing and design. With this purpose in mind, the division will: 1) encourage the development and dissemination of technical knowledge; 2) provide a forum for technical networking; 3) Serve as the voice of the technical field; and 4) support IISE's mission in providing value to members and promoting the discipline. If you are not currently a member, join IISE and become a member of the manufacturing and design community.
Meet your officers!
||Lourdes A. Medina
- M&D webinars can be a great way to disseminate research results. If you are interested in delivering a webinar, please contact John Jackman.
- M&D Membership is in a growth mode.
- If you would like to be on our email list, please contact Guha Manogharan.
- We would like to invite all members to volunteer in the division activities, particularly industry members and student chapters. To volunteer send an email to the M&D Division president John Jackman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The M&D board holds a monthly one-hour conference, both to discuss administrative details (approximately 20 minutes) and to conduct a roundtable discussion on a topic of current interest to IEs (20-30 minutes). All M&D members are welcome to participate. If you'd like to be added to the distribution list for these calls, please contact email@example.com.
M&D Personnel News
If you have an award, publication, promotion, etc., share the news with your colleagues in M&D. E-mail to Dusan Sormaz, and it will be shared on the Web page and in the newsletter.
Manufacturing & Design Division Bylaws