Your Daily Guide to IIE Annual Events: Day Two
Click here to see the full on-site schedule for program descriptions or browse ISERC and Applied Solutions sessions on your smartphone.
Attendees can also use our free mobile app. Click here to download it.
All conference events will be held at the Caribe Hilton.
Sunday, May 19
- 7 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. | Registration Open | San Geronimo Ballroom Foyer
- 7:15 – 7:45 a.m. | First-Time Attendee Orientation | Auditorium
- 8 a.m. – Noon | Undergraduate Student Technical Paper Competition, sponsored by John Deere | Auditorium
- 8 a.m. – Noon | Pre-conference Workshops | Various, see on-site schedule at-a-glance for specific rooms
- 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. | Pre-conference Workshops | Various, see on-site schedule at-a-glance for specific rooms
- 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. | Doctoral Colloquium Poster Session | San Cristobal A
- 8 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. | ISERC Concurrent Sessions | Various, see on-site schedule at-a-glance for specific rooms
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. | Keynote Presentation: S. David Wu, Lehigh University | San Geronimo Ballroom
- 1 – 4 p.m. | Innovations in Curriculum Competition Finals | Auditorium
- 1 – 5 p.m. | ABET Accreditation Workshop | San Cristobal F
- 1:30 – 4:30 p.m. | Student Simulation Competition Presentations, sponsored by Rockwell Automation | San Cristobal G
- 5 – 6:30 p.m. | Student Networking Mixer, sponsored by The Hershey Company | Las Olas
- 6:15 – 8 p.m. | Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall | San Cristobal Foyer
First-Time Attendee Orientation
Get tips on how to navigate the sessions and an overview of what to expect from the ISERC and Applied Solutions conference chairs. Still adjusting to the time change? Don’t worry, the First-Time Attendee Orientation will be held again on Monday, at the same time and location.
Keynote Presentation – S. David Wu, Lehigh University
S. David Wu is dean of the P.C. Rossin College of Engineering and Applied Science at Lehigh University, where he holds the Lee A. Iacocca endowed chair. He specializes in optimization, game theory and statistical analysis. Wu will discuss the need for interdisciplinary partnership and coalition in addressing grand challenges, and how the unique perspectives and tools make industrial and systems engineering professionals important partners.
Competitions: Undergraduate Student Technical Paper, Student Simulation, and Innovations in Curriculum
Watch finalist presentations in the student competitions or highlights from outstanding innovations by faculty members in IE, ISE, IEOR or similar engineering curriculum.
Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall
Network with other attendees, view product demonstrations and discuss solutions with exhibitors and other attendees. Open to all conference attendees.
Day Three Schedule ... More Great Events on Monday
- 7 a.m. – 6 p.m. | Registration Open | San Geronimo Ballroom Foyer
- 8 a.m. – 6:15 p.m. | ISERC and Applied Solutions Concurrent Sessions | Various, see on-site schedule at-a-glance for specific rooms
- 9:30 – 10:45 a.m. | Keynote Presentation: Guy Primus, Overbrook Entertainment | San Geronimo Ballroom
- 10:45 a.m. – 4 p.m. | Exhibit Hall Open | San Cristobal Foyer
- 7:30 – 9:30 p.m. | Honors and Awards Dinner* | San Geronimo Ballroom
Events with an asterisk (*) after them have an additional fee and require a ticket. Please visit the registration desk for more information.
Follow all of the conference action online!
Follow IIE on Twitter (@IIEnet or #IIEAnnual), Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn for event announcements and schedule updates. Post your conference discussions and comments on Twitter (#IIEAnnual) and interact with fellow attendees during sessions and events.