Major changes to the U.S. supply chain are on the horizon.
Is your company ready?
A best practice is a method, process, activity, incentive, or reward that is believed to be more effective at delivering a particular outcome than any other technique, method, or process, when applied to a particular condition or circumstance. They are the processes, practices, and systems identified in public and private organizations that performed exceptionally well and are widely recognized as improving an organization's performance and efficiency in specific areas.
IIE’s Best Practices conferences showcase the leaders in the application of industrial engineering, ergonomics, supply chain management, and health care improvement.
The Panama Canal is set to expand to twice its current capacity by 2014, causing a huge shift in the way logistics are handled in businesses big and small. This imminent change is just one in the ever-changing landscape of the supply chain industry, and your company will need to be ready to implement new strategies to face all these new challenges.
The IIE Best Practices in Supply Chain Management one-day conference is your best opportunity to obtain the tools, lessons and contacts you will need to handle the shifting supply chain scene. In just one day, supply chain experts from leading companies will provide tactics that your organization can apply to any supply chain obstacle. Topics include the development of adaptive supply chains, the management of market-driven supply chains at Coca-Cola and FedEx, and the relevance of railway systems in creating competitive advantage.
The event is being held in conjunction with MODEX 2012, the newest expo for manufacturing, distribution and supply chain industries. This partnership allows attendees to have access to more than 500 world-class exhibitors.
If you want to get ahead and stay ahead of managing your supply chain operations, this is the right place for you. See you in Atlanta!
- Veteran supply chain leader Jim Tompkins of Tompkins Associates will be the keynote speaker, giving a high-level view of the role of supply chain management and the imminent challenges facing all organizations in the years to come.
- Steve Buffington of Coca-Cola, Kyle Hancock of CSX, Jim Metzger of FedEx Ground and John Trestrail of Llamasoft will address the upcoming changes to business logistics and share the plans they are making as these changes take place.
- Identify key issues in supply chain management.
- Analyze the risks faced in managing the supply chain.
- Appraise the efforts of leading organizations to manage an ever-evolving supply chain.