Thank you for attending Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2013!
The Society for Health Systems would like to thank you for attending the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2013! We hope you learned more about the latest in healthcare quality and process improvement from industry experts, and we're glad you could be a part of the celebration as we mark 25 years of the Society for Health Systems. We hope to see you again in 2014!
Past, present and future roles of IEs in healthcare
In this video recorded at the 2013 conference, a panel representing multiple generations of industrial and management engineering practices discussed the role of industrial engineers in healthcare.
Attendees share their experience on SHS Blog
Read this blog by conference attendee Tze Chao Chiam, Ph.D., who wrote about leaving New Orleans with great satisfaction in both the event and the local dining experience.
Read this blog by conference attendee by Mark Biscone, Ph.D., who shares his insights about the first-ever SHS Student Case Study Competition.
Read this blog by UMass Amherst student Jenn Badylak-Reals, who shares highlights of the conference experience through the eyes of an undergraduate.
Take a look at this information presented by Roger Gerard, executive business partner and former chief learning officer for Wisconsin-based ThedaCare, during his keynote presentation on March 2.
Conference 2013 photo album
Click here to view images of events that took place at the conference for the Society for Health Systems at The Sheraton New Orleans Hotel in New Orleans. You can also click here to download photos from the SHS 25th Anniversary Dinner.
Below are some of the replies and comments conference attendees posted via Twitter during the four-day conference:
About the conference keynote speakers, Dr. Roger Gerard and Dr. Joseph Guarisco ...
- "Dr Guarisco compares our current health system to post-Katrina New Orleans. Out of adversity comes opportunity. #shs2013" - Mark Graban, @markgraban
- "#shs2013 Dr. Guarisco 'the engineering work in healthcare is the only way to save healthcare'" - Amanda Mewborn, @amandame1101
- "#shs2013 when you experience resistance. Get ready to learn from it @rgerard1106" - SHS President Jean Ann Larson, @jeanannlarson
- "How can you expect employees to be loyal if you are not loyal to them? Dr. Gerard on no layoff lean #shs2013" - Isaac Mitchell, @issacmitchell
On the experts, resources and vast knowledge shared throughout the event ...
- "The quality and quantity of research is impressive at #shs2013 Excited to infuse it into our healthcare architecture practice @SHSinfo" - Jonathan Bykowski, @JMBykowski
- "Karen Chochó from Grady Memorial is speaking about improving vaccine administration with standardized processes @ #SHS2013" - Ralph Franco @ralphfrancosa
- "#SHS2013 exited to moderating the first session of the day about the teaching of W. Edwards Deming from Doris Quinn" - Karl Kraebber, @KarlKraebber
- "Balancing occupancy, staff competency (education and experience), and a newly measured acuity of patients to determine staff needs #shs2013" - Nicholas Comeau, @KingComeau
Follow the Society for Health Systems online!
Look for SHS-related event announcements, discussions and commentary on Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/SHSinfo), Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=64937142718), and LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/groups?mostPopular=&gid=867527). For more information, visit the conference home page (http://www.iienet.org/SHS/Conference/).