SHS Student simulation competition
New for the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2015 – an exciting student simulation competition!
Deadline Extended: Solutions to the case study need to be submitted to FlexSim no later than Dec. 12, 2014.
The competition is sponsored by FlexSim Software Products Inc.
Teams of a maximum of four IE students solve a "real-world" healthcare situational case study using FlexSim's simulation software. This case study is prepared by FlexSim. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IIE or SHS to enter the competition, but they will become SHS members if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of FlexSim. The finalists must be able to attend the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2015, in Orlando, Fla.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams consists of a maximum of four students, plus an advisor. Teams can have no more than two graduate students.
- FlexSim will provide software and software licenses to all students who are interested in participating.
- They are given approximately nine weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IIE Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference.
- Each of the three finalist teams will receive $1,250 U.S. for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, cash awards and a framed certificate.
- Winners will be announced at the conference.
- Deadline: Entry forms are due no later than Sept. 30, 2014.
- Case study will be sent to the teams the first week of October 2014.
- Deadline Extended: Solutions to the case study need to be submitted to FlexSim no later than Dec. 12, 2014.
- The three finalist teams will be notified the first week of January 2015.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position:
- First place: $2,500 U.S. to the team
- Second place: $1,500 U.S. to the team
- Third place: $1,000 U.S. to the team
Information for instructions and dates for a tutorial using the FlexSim software will be in the information package that will be sent the first week of October.
Submit one online entry form per team with payment information for the $30 U.S. entry fee. This fee is nonrefundable. If paying by check, send completed entry form and payment to:
Attn: Bonnie Cameron
3577 Parkway Lane
Norcross, GA 30092
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at email@example.com or (770) 449-0461, ext. 105.