SHS Scholarship - Sponsored by Parallon Workforce Solutions
Available to undergraduate students enrolled full-time in any school in the United States and its territories, Canada and Mexico, provided: (1) the school’s industrial engineering program or equivalent is accredited by an agency or organization recognized by IIE; and (2) the student is pursuing a course of study in industrial engineering and operations research with a definite interest in the area of healthcare. The amount of the scholarship is $1,000. Recipient will also receive complimentary registration to the SHS annual conference ($195 value) and a travel stipend ($300). A candidate for this award must:
- Be an active Society for Health Systems student member.
- Have an overall point-hour average of 3.00 on a scale of 0 - 4.00.
- Be enrolled full-time, as defined by the student's university.
Students may not apply directly for the scholarship. They must be nominated by IE department heads, IIE student chapter advisors, IE faculty or by SHS board members, SHS diplomates or SHS senior members. Applications must be received at IIE headquarters on or before Dec. 1 and include:
- A transcript and resume or CV including statement of career objective.
- Three letters of recommendation reinforcing applicant's contributions to the industrial engineering profession in healthcare.
- Statement of Interest in Healthcare describing candidate's contributions to, or experience in, industrial engineering in healthcare.
- A three- to five-page original essay supporting the theme "IEs in Healthcare: Improving Processes in Healthcare."
A scholarship was awarded in the amount of $1,000 for this past academic year. This is your nomination form.
The SHS Scholarship is sposored by Parallon Workforce Solutions.
The scholarship is funded by tax-deductible donations to the SHS Scholarship Fund. Click here to donate.