New for the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2015 – an exciting student simulation competition.
The competition is sponsored by FlexSim Software Products Inc.
Teams of a maximum of four IE students solve a "real-world" healthcare situational case study using FlexSim's simulation software. This case study is prepared by FlexSim. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IIE or SHS to enter the competition, but they will become SHS members if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of FlexSim. The finalists must be able to attend the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference, Feb. 18-20, 2015, in Orlando, Fla.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams consists of a maximum of four students, plus an advisor. Teams can have no more than two graduate students.
- FlexSim will provide software and software licenses to all students who are interested in participating.
- They are given approximately nine weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IIE Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference.
- Each finalist team will receive $1,250 US for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, cash awards and a framed certificate.
- Winners will be announced at the conference.
- Deadline: Entry forms were due by Sept. 30, 2014.
- Case study will be sent to the teams the first week of October 2014.
- Deadline: Solutions to the case study need to be submitted to FlexSim no later than Dec. 5, 2014.
- The three finalist teams will be notified the first week of January 2015.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position:
- First place: $2,500 US to the team
- Second place: $1,500 US to the team
- Third place: $1,000 US to the team
Submit one online entry form per team with payment information for the $30 US entry fee. This fee is non-refundable. If paying by check, send completed entry form and payment to:
Attn: Bonnie Cameron
3577 Parkway Lane
Norcross, GA 30092
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at firstname.lastname@example.org or (770) 449-0461, ext. 105.
Submit an abstract for Poster Presentation!
You can now submit your Poster Presentation abstract. The submission deadline is Nov. 14.
This year’s poster session will be a bit divergent from years past. Posters will be submitted and approved as usual, but at the conference all poster presenters will be given the opportunity to speak to their work during intersession periods/receptions. The posters will be divided between two different tracks: Applied and Research projects. After these facilitated sessions, judges and attendees will have the opportunity to speak with posters of interest to them. Judges will gather and discuss the projects accordingly and at the end of the proceedings, award a first and second place award to each track.