Thank You for Attending the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2014!
The Society for Health Systems would like to thank you for attending the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2014! We hope you enjoyed the conference and are returning to work refreshed and energized and with new ideas you can immediately put into practice.
Save the Date
You know the world of healthcare systems is constantly changing and evolving. Maintain your focus on process improvement and stay informed of industry best practices - save the date to join us again in Orlando, Fla., for next year's HSPI Conference, scheduled for Feb. 18-20, 2015! Check this website again in the coming months for the call for papers and additional conference details.
Looking back at #SHS2014
Read all about it
Read post-conference remarks on the SHS Blog by attendees at the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2014:
- Jean Ann Larson, president of Jean Ann Larson & Associates, describes the top three reasons why she has frequently attends this conference. Click here to read her blog.
- The conference helped Isaac Mitchell, lean coordinator at East Tennessee Children's Hospital, discover how an industrial engineer can positively impact the healthcare industry. Click here to read his blog.
- The conference experience reinforced a lesson that Jordan Peck, an industrial engineer with the New England Veterans Engineering Resource Center, first learned in the early days of Nintendo. Click here to read why he says "it's dangerous to go alone" in pursuing ways to overcome challenges through process improvement.
Click here to see a photographic review of the Healthcare Systems Process Improvement Conference 2014, including workshops, networking receptions and award recipients as well as some images attendees posted on Twitter.
There was also plenty of chatter about the conference happening on Twitter. Here are a few tweets about the conference:
- Isaac Mitchell (@IsaacMitchell): "Poster presentations #SHS2014 #Lean This is a great time to practice appreciative inquiry in a safe environment. pic.twitter.com/SQiO56qZjo"
- Frances Sneddon (@FrancesSneddon): "Been to 3 talks at #shs2014 this morning, each one cited simulation as key tool in their healthcare process improvement."
- Brittany Hagedorn (@hagedornb): Quote of the day at #SHS2014 "it was really rewarding because it was my first simulation model - and it worked!"
- Amanda Mewborn (@amandame1101): "#shs2014 @lhess916 (Lauren Cooper) has great turnout for her LOS reduction session. Great speaker, topic, and story. Thank you!"
- Ross Westlake (@gorkoman): "Good sessions, great people! Healthcare Process Improvement #SHS2014 Orlando pic.twitter.com/WuSAw8CO0M"
- Tarun Mohan Lal (@TarunMl): "Terrific patient experience with #GoogleGlass ... Learn more at #SHS2014"
Follow the Society for Health Systems Online!
Look for SHS announcements and topical discussions on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
Conference Proceedings and Onsite Brochure Available Online
The HSPI Conference is excited to announce that the 2014 Conference Proceedings are available online. Click here to find conference abstracts and presentations. Click here to view the onsite brochure.