Education and Training
Topic Leader: Doug Hummer
Affiliation: North Carolina State University
J. Dirksen, Design for How People Learn, Berkeley, CA: New Riders, 2012.
This book covers:
- Using fundamental concepts of learning design to make you a better learner.
- Attracting and maintaining your audience’s attention.
- Effectively communicating your knowledge to others.
- Making learning "sticky."
C. Wick, R. Pollock, A. Jefferson and R. Flanagan, The Six Diciplines of Breakthrough Learning: How to Turn Training and Development Into Business Results, San Francisco, CA: John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2006.
- Advice for bridging the “learning-doing” gap.
- How to define training outcomes in business terms.
- An innovative approach that accelerates the transfer and application of corporate training.
- How to drive follow-through.
D. G. Robinson and J. C. Robinson, Performance Consulting: A Practical Guide for HR and Learning Professionals, 2nd ed., San Franscisco, CA: Berrett-Koehler, 2008.
This book is written for individuals who are responsible for enhancing people’s performance in support of business goals. It covers:
- Techniques to align training with business goals
- How to set learning objectives that will focus on performance improvement.
- The importance of tying training evaluation to learning objectives.
- The tools needed to run training like a business in your company.
R. Stringer, Leadership and Organizational Climate: The Cloud Chamber Effect, Upper Saddle River, NJ: Pearson Education Inc., 2002.
Directed toward the leadership of organizations, this book:
- Defines organizational climate and how to measure it.
- Provides tools, reports, and planning guides to evaluate and score organizational climate.
- Includes a practices resource guide.
- Offers real world examples from the author’s experience.
- D. Lu and A. Betts, "Why Process Improvement Training Fails," Journal of Workplace Learning, vol. 23, no. 2, pp. 117-132, 2011.
- K. Van De Voorde, M. Van Veldhoven and J. Paauwe, "Time Precedence in the Relationship Between Organizational Climate and Organizatinal Perrformane: A Cross-lagged Study ot the Business Unit Level," The International Journal of Human Resource Management, vol. 21, no. 10, pp. 1712-1732, 2010.
- K. N. Dervitsiotis, "Guiding Human Organizations to Climb the Spiral Stages of Performane Improvements," Total Quality Management, vol. 19, no. 7-8, pp. 709-718, July-August 2008.
- C. G. Worley and A. E. Feyerherm, "Reflections on the Future of Oganization Development," The Journal of Applied Behavioral Science, vol. 39, no. 1, pp. 97-115, 2003.
IIE Conference Papers
- C. L. Philiips, "Avoid Online Course Pitfalls with Delivery of Complex Materials," in Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, 2012.
- S. B. Gilbert, J. Pontius, N. Kelly, J. de la Cruz and H. Gonzalez, "Perception of Presence in a Mixed-Reality Training Environment," in Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, 2012.
- C. L. Trevino-Garza, A. A. Hernandez-Luna and V. G. Tercero-Gomez, "Learning to Define Lean Six Sigma Projects with Cases," in Proceedings of the 2012 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference, Orlando, 2012.
- Hummer, D., Mazur, L.M., Lefteris, C., Grant, H., "Assessment between Organizational Climate and Lean Behaviors,” IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Orlando, May, 2012.