Green and Sustainability
Topic Leader: Dr. Sergio Gouvea da Costa
Affiliation: Pontifical Catholic University of Parana/Brazil & Federal University of Technology – Parana/Brasil
Topic Leader: Edson Pinheiro de Lima
Affiliation: Pontifical Catholic University of Parana/Brazil Federal University of Technology – Parana/Brasil
- Sarkis, J. (2006). Greening the supply chain. Berlin, Germany: Springer.
- Hart, S (2005). Capitalism at the crossroads. Philadelphia, PA: Wharton School Publishing Co.
- Sarkis, J. (Ed.) (2001).Greener manufacturing and operations: from design to delivery and back. Sheffield, UK: Greenleaf Publishing.
- Narasimhan, R, Carter, JR (1998). Environmental supply chain management. Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ: The Center for Advanced Purchasing Studies.
- Elkington J (1998). Cannibals with forks: The triple bottom line of 21st century business. Gabriola Island, Canada: New Society Publishers.
- Smith, RT, and Melnyk, SA (1996). Green manufacturing: Integrating the concerns of environmental responsibility with manufacturing design and execution. Dearborn, MI: Society for Manufacturing Engineering.
- Makower, J (1994). Beyond the bottom line: Putting social responsibility to work for your business and your world. NewYork, NY: Simon&Schuster.
- World Commission on Environment and Development (1987). Our common future. New York, NY: Oxford University Press.
- Bommel H.(2011). A conceptual framework for analyzing sustainability strategies in industrial supply networks from an innovation perspective. Journal of Cleaner Production, 19(8), 895-904.
- Ueda, K, Takenaka, T, Váncza, J and Monostori, L (2009). Value creation and decision-making in sustainable society. CIRP Annals - Manufacturing Technology, 58(2), 681-700.
- Seuring, S and Muller, M (2008). From a literature review to a conceptual framework for sustainable supply chain management. Journal of Cleaner Production, 16(15), 1699-1710.
- Hutchins, M and Sutherland, J (2008). An exploration of measures of social sustainability and their application to supply chain decisions. Journal of Cleaner Production, 16(15), 1688-1698.
- Castkaa, P and Balzarovab, M (2008). ISO 26000 and supply chains: on the diffusion of the social responsibility standard. International Journal of Production Economics, 111(2), 274-286.
- Porter M, Kramer M. (2006). The link between competitive advantage and corporate social responsibility. Harvard Business Review, 84(12), 1-14.
- Vachon S, Klassen R (2006). Extending green practices across the supply chain: The impact of upstream and downstream integration. International Journal of Operations & Production Management, 26(7), 795-821.
- Corbett C, Klassen R. (2006). Extending the horizons: Environmental excellence as key to improving operations. Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, 8(1), 5-22.
- Zhu Q and Sarkis, J (2004). Relationships between operational practices and performance among early adopters of green supply chain management practices in Chinese manufacturing enterprises. Journal of Operations Management, 22(3), 265-289.
- Melnyk, SA, Sroufe, RP and Calantone, R (2003). Assessing the impact of environmental management systems on corporate and environmental performance. Journal of Operations Management, 21(2), 329-51.
- Handfield R, Melnyk S, Calantone R, Curkovic S (2001). Integrating environmental concerns into the design process: the gap between theory and practice. IEEE Transactions on Engineering Management, 48(2),189-208.
- Hart, SL (1995). A natural resource based view of the firm. Academy of Management Review, 20(1), 986–1014.
- Porter M, and van der Linde C (1995). Green and competitive: Ending the stalemate. Harvard Business Review 73(5), 120–134.
- Hobbs, B.F., and Nelson, S.K. (1992) A nonlinear bilevel model for analysis of electric utility demand-side planning issues. Annals of Operations Research, 34 (1), 255-274.
- Chang, N. B., and Wang, S. F. 1997.A fuzzy goal programming approach for the optimal planning of metropolitan solid waste management systems, European Journal of Operation Research, 99 (2), 287-303.
- J. Zhao, E. Mazhari, N. Celik, and Y. Son, 2011, Hybrid Simulation-based Policy Evaluation of Solar Energy Systems, Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, 19 (10), 2189-2205.
- J.S. Corredor, N. Celik, S. Asfour, and Y. Son, Utility Resource Planning using Modular Simulation and Optimization, In Proceedings of the Winter Simulation Conference 2011, Phoenix, AZ, USA, Dec. 11-14, 2011.
Recommended ISERC/Applied Solutions Papers
- Badurdeen, F., Metta, H., and Gupta, S. "Taxonomy of research directions for sustainable supply chain management", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, May, 2009.
- Bergmiller, GG., and McCright, PR. "Are lean and green programs synergistics?", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, May, 2009.
- Chung, W., Okudan, G., and Wysk, RA. "Modular design to optimize product life cycle metrics in a closed-looped supply chain, IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, May, 2011.
- Greene, CM., Hyman, MR, and LaPerriere KA. "ISO 9001 and 14001 implementation and conceptual differences, IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, May, 2011.
- Hu, G., and Bidanda B. "A product upgrade decision model for sustainable manufacturing", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, May, 2009.
- Iqbal, Q., Whitman, L. and Twomey, J. "An example metric for a sustainable aerospace supply chain", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, May, 2011.
- Kuringer, GW., and Chen, F. "Lean and Green: a current state view", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Cancún, June, 2010.
- Ladd, S. and Badurdeen, F. “Supplier sustainability evaluation and selection”, IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Cancún, June, 2010.
- Martins, R.A, Araujo, JB., and Ometto, AR. "Investigation on use sustainability performance measures by brazilian manufacturing companies", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, May, 2011.
- Seok, H. and Nof, SY. "Decision support protocol for sustainability issues in supply networks", IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Reno, May, 2011.
- Turan, FK., Scala, NM., and Besterfield-Sacre, M. "An analytic network process (ANP) approach to the project portfolio management for organizational sustainability. IIE Annual Conference and Expo, Miami, May, 2009.
- E. D. Antmann, N. Celik, X. (Eileen) Shi, and Y. Dai, Simulation-based Optimization of Solid Waste Management and Recycling Programs, In Proceedings of the Annual Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference 2012, Orlando, Florida, May 19-23, 2012.
- J.S. Corredor, N. Celik, H. Xi, and Y. Son, and S. Asfour, Economic and Environmental Load Dispatching Framework using Particle Filtering, In Proceedings of the Annual Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference 2012, Orlando, Florida, May 19-23, 2012.
- Institute of Social and Ethical Accountability - ISEA (1999). AA1000 Series - social/ethical accounting, auditing and reporting. London, UK.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2004). ISO 14001: Environmental management systems - Requirements with guidance for use. Geneva, SW.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2006). ISO 14040: Environmental management - Life cycle assessment - Principles and framework. Geneva, SW.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2008). ISO 9001: Quality management systems - Requirements. Geneva, SW.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2010). ISO 26000: Guidance on social responsibility. Geneva, SW.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) (2011). ISO 50001: Energy management systems – requirements with guidance for use. Geneva, SW.
- Social Accountability International (SAI) (2008). SA8000 - Social Accountability. New York, NY.
- The British Standards Institution (BSI) (2007). OHSAS 18001:2007 Occupational health and safety management systems - Requirements specifies requirements for an occupational health and safety (OH&S) management system. London, UK.