Societies and Divisions Awards
IIE’s societies and divisions offer awards to recognize accomplishments by their members.
- IIE-CIS Mobile App competition is designed to provide students with opportunities of developing practical mobile apps and taking business initiatives for the mobile apps in the field of industrial and systems engineering.
- This student competition is for papers and projects demonstrating or describing the use of industrial engineering tools in a computer and information systems (CIS) environment.
- This student competition is for papers and projects demonstrating or describing the use of industrial engineering tools in a construction environment.
- The Wellington Award recognizes outstanding contributions in the field of engineering economy.
- This award recognizes organizations for innovative and effective implementation of lean principles and practices that deliver exemplary business performance improvement.
- This award, open to graduate and undergraduate IE students, honors outstanding papers in the field of lean research and practices.
- This award recognizes excellence in teaching lean concepts.
- This competition recognizes team who demonstrate innovative use of logistics and supply chain concepts in the analysis of the case.
- This award recognizes excellence in teaching logistics and supply chain.
- The Operations Research Division of IIE invites nominations for its annual national award recognizing excellence in teaching operations research.
- This award recognizes major innovative business processes contributing to the success of an organization in the process industries.
- The purpose of this competition is to honor outstanding papers in the field of process industries.
- The William A.J. Golomski Award honors the outstanding paper in the proceedings of the Annual Reliability and Maintainability Symposium (RAMS) authored or co-authored by a member of IIE.
- The purpose of this competition is to honor outstanding papers in the field of quality and/or reliability engineering research and practice.
- The SEMS Management Award recognizes an IIE member who has distinguished him or herself in the practice of management and industrial engineering.
- This is open to graduate and undergraduate IE students and should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques which improve productivity and quality through effective and economical managerial techniques and philosophies.
- This student competition is for research projects, theoretical research, case studies, class projects, or any type of methodology in which IE skills were used or could be used to improve a health care-related service, product, or process.
- To promote the industrial engineering profession to high school students, teachers and college counselors.
- The Sustainable Development Division recognizes the contribution of an individual advancing the knowledge and practice of sustainability in the field of industrial engineering.