The IIE/Joint Publishers Book-of-the-Year Award
Is to recognize an outstanding published book that focuses on a facet of industrial engineering, improves education, or furthers the profession.
IIE members and non-members.
- Not more than one award will be presented each year. If the judges find no worthy candidate, then the award will not be presented.
- The book must be a first edition and published by a commercial company rather than be self-published or published on the Web only.
- The subject matter should be concerned directly with one or more areas of industrial engineering and be authoritative and comprehensive. The book should present a significant contribution to the field of knowledge. Style and format should be engaging and accessible.
- The book must be published during the 12-month period prior to the nomination deadline (between Oct. 1 in the year prior to the award deadline, and before Sept. 30 of the year for which the award is conferred).
- In the event of co-authorship, any monetary award will be divided equally among the authors. If funds are available, expenses to travel to the conference and participate in the awards banquet may be split among authors, but not to exceed the costs of the author traveling the greatest distance. Moreover, travel will be covered only to the extent of one tourist class air round trip fare in the domestic U.S. or Canada and then not to exceed $300.
- Books published by sponsoring publishers will also be eligible.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.