The Outstanding Achievement in Management Award
Recognizes executives who have created a climate that permits industrial engineering techniques to be used with outstanding results.
- IIE members and non-members. Members of the IIE Board of Trustees and Honors Steering Committee are ineligible.
- Recipients are usually a president, vice president, or board chairman with the line responsibility in an industrial, governmental, or educational enterprise and who can be held accountable for the stimulation of a climate that permits industrial engineering to be used with outstanding results.
- In special situations where a staff executive has strong influence on operating policy, a senior staff executive may be the recipient of this award. This individual would normally be of staff vice presidential level or the equivalent in governmental or educational institutions.
- The nominee for this award must have held their current position for at least five years.
- In making this award, IIE is indirectly honoring a business, government, or education institution, and consideration is given to the role the institution has had in exhibiting the techniques associated with the manager.
- Not more than one award a year is usually given.
- Nominee’s specific achievements must be described, including results.
- Complete and return the nomination form.
- Three letters of recommendation should be limited to a maximum of two pages each.
- The nomination form, the nominator's letter and CV package should be limited to 12 pages.
- The entire nomination packet should be no more than 18 pages total.
This award is judged by the Honors Steering Committee.