Construction Division Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by MACVAL Associates LLC
The papers should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques such as lean methods, quality management, green technology, simulation, optimization, automation and alternative materials.
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students and design teams enrolled in any school in the United States.
- Must be a member of IIE, or must agree to become members before the award is made.
- Papers must be no more than 10 pages in length and follow the competition guidelines.
- No more than two student co-authors per paper.
- Papers co-authored by professors are excluded from the competition, but your professor’s assistance is welcome.
- The first place winner must agree to travel to the IIE Annual Conference & Expo in Nashville, Tenn. May 30 - June 2, 2015 to present the winning paper.
- Award will be presented at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo.
Important dates and information:
Paper submission deadline: Feb. 15
Winner will be notified by: March 15
Submit your papers to Laura Ikuma
For more information or questions contact Bonnie Cameron
The first place winner will receive complimentary conference registration, one Honors & Awards Banquet ticket and a cash award. The first place winner will also receive a travel stipend to the IIE Annual Conference & Expo of $1,130, when airline receipts and hotel confirmations have been submitted to Bonnie Cameron at IIE headquarters.
First Place: Laura Florez, Georgia Institute of Technology
"Decision Support System for Sustainable Labor Management in Masonry Construction"
Second Place: Carl Kirpes, Iowa State University
"Integrating Project Estimating and Cash Flow Analysis to Develop Companywide Resource Loading Projections"
Third Place: Simon Matar, Western Michigan University
"Evaluation of Potential Use of Waster Powder Paint (WPP) in Cement Grout and Mortar"
First Place: Isabelle Johnson, University of Southern California
"The Potential and Obstacles of Integrated Project Delivery"
Second Place: Brittany Brown, University of Southern California
"The Integration of BIM and LEED Certification Process"
Third Place: Raymond Tan, University of Southern California
"The Application of Augmented Reality in the Construction Process"
Construction Division Page