Construction Division Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by ConAm Group
The ConAm Group is a builder and developer of residential projects throughout the United States and is sponsoring the student competition for papers demonstrating or describing the use of industrial engineering tools in a construction environment.
The papers should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques such as lean methods, quality management, green technology, simulation, optimization, automation and alternative materials. Other requirements and notices:
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students and design teams enrolled in any school in the United States.
- Must be a member of IIE.
- Must be a student at the time of submission.
- Papers must be no more than 10 pages in length and follow the competition guidelines.
- No more than three student co-authors per paper.
- Papers co-authored by professors are excluded from the competition, but your professor’s assistance is welcome.
- The winning team will receive a $1,500 cash award and an additional $1,000 per team for air/hotel/miscellaneous travel expenses.
- Award will be presented at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo May 18-22, 2013 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
Paper submission deadline: March 4
Winner will be notified by: March 22
Submit your papers
For more information or questions contact Bonnie Cameron.