Construction Division Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by ConAm Group
The ConAm Group is a builder and developer of residential projects throughout the United States and is sponsoring the student competition for papers demonstrating or describing the use of industrial engineering tools in a construction environment.
The papers should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques such as lean methods, quality management, green technology, simulation, optimization, automation and alternative materials. Other requirements and notices:
- Open to both undergraduate and graduate students and design teams enrolled in any school in the United States.
- Must be a member of IIE.
- Must be a student at the time of submission.
- Papers must be no more than 10 pages in length and follow the competition guidelines.
- No more than two student co-authors per paper.
- Papers co-authored by professors are excluded from the competition, but your professor’s assistance is welcome.
- Award will be presented at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo May 31-June 3, 2014, in Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
- The first place winner will receive complimentary conference registration, one complimentary Honors & Awards Banquet ticket and a cash award of approximately $1,150 and a travel stipend of $1,000.
Paper submission deadline: Feb. 15
Winner will be notified by: March 7
Submit your papers
For more information or questions contact Bonnie Cameron.
First Place: Isabelle Johnson, University of Southern California
Title: "The Potential and Obstacles of Integrated Project Delivery"
Second Place: Brittany Brown, University of Southern California
Title: "The Integration of BIM and LEED Certification Process"
Third Place: Raymond Tan, University of Southern California
Title: "The Application of Augmented Reality in the Construction Process"
Construction Division Page