Lean Division Student Paper Competition
Sponsored by J T. and the Late Carol Black
The seventh annual Lean Division Student Paper Competition will be held to honor outstanding papers in the field of lean research and practices. The papers should demonstrate or describe the use of techniques such as simulation, lean principle implementation, alternative designs, Kaizen implementation, etc. Both undergraduate and graduate students and design teams are invited to submit papers. The award will be given each year at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo if there is a suitable recipient.
Three awards may be given upon recommendation of the selection committee. The winners must present their papers in the ISERC Lean Systems Track at the 2013 IIE Annual Conference & Expo, May 18-22, 2013 in San Juan, Puerto Rico. All authors will receive a certificate stating place awarded. The first place winner will be presented at the annual Honors & Awards Banquet. There will be reserved seating at the Honors & Awards Banquet for the lead author first place winner. The names will not be announced on Monday. The names will be announced before the Tuesday morning keynote address. Their names will be on the scrolling Powerpoint Monday and Tuesday morning as people enter the room for the keynote speakers. The first place winner paper will be included in the Honors & Awards Banquet Program. The lead authors of the first-, second- and third-place papers will receive the following awards, which they may share with any co-authors at their discretion:
- First place: $600
- Second place: $300
- Third place: $100
- The applicant must be a full time student at the time of submission.
- Research must have been conducted while the applicant was a student.
- The paper must present original research results.
- The paper must not have won or been considered for an award in another competition.
- At least one author must be an IIE member and present the paper at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo., May 18-22, 2013 in Puerto Rico.
- Winning papers will appear on the IIE lean division website.
- Authors will be asked to sign an ethics statement stating they are full time students and the research and writing are their own work.
- Advising by a non-student is allowed, such as an academic or industry advisor. However, only students can be authors or co-authors.
Deadline for submission of papers: Dec. 15, 2012
Three finalists will be notified: Jan. 31, 2013
Authors must follow the ISERC 2013 paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the ISERC proceedings. The paper format guidelines will be available at http://www.xcdsystem.com/iserc2013/.
Each paper must be submitted in electronic format (PDF file) to the committee chair, Dr. Ahad Ali, email@example.com, no later than Dec. 15, 2012. Submission Form/Ethical Statement
IIE Lean Division is pleased to announce the winners of the 5th Lean Division Student Paper Competition.