Best Paper Competition
Although you have already been selected to present your research at the conference, your paper is not automatically entered in the ELSS Best Paper competition. To be considered, all papers should follow the guidelines set forth by the program committee and must be submitted by June 10!
Entering the Best Paper Competition affords you an opportunity to gain additional recognition for your research and add to your CV/resumé. To compete in the competition an abstract is require and your abstract must have been selected for presentation at the 2016 ELSS Conference in San Antonio.
Three finalists will be selected from among the Best Paper competition submissions using a blind review process. Cash award prizes totaling $600 will be distributed to three finalists based on their finishing position first place, first runner-up and second runner-up. All others will receive honorable mention. These finalists will be announced at the conference and will be recognized during the Sept. 16 lunch keynote presentation. All finalists' papers will be listed in the on-site program.
The competition is sponsored by University of Houston | College of Technology
General Rules and Guidelines
- Deadline: Entry forms are due no later than June 10, 2016.
- Deadline: Finalists will be notified by July 8, 2016.
- Deadline: Final paper submitted by August 1, 2016.
- Deadline: PowerPoint of the Presentation: August 22, 2016
Cash prizes awarded to competitors based on their finishing position:
- First Place: $300 cash award
- First Runner-Up: $200 cash award
- Second Runner-Up: $100 cash award
- All Others: Honorable Mention
Don’t miss out – submit your paper to the 2016 ELSS Best Paper competition today.