IIE/Arena Student Simulation Competition
Teams of three IE undergraduate students solve a real-world situational case study using the Rockwell Automation simulation package, Arena. This case study is prepared by Rockwell. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IIE to enter the competition, but they will become IIE members if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of Rockwell Automation. The finalists must be able to attend the IIE Annual IE Conference & Expo May 18-22, 2013 in San Juan, Puerto Rico.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams of three undergraduate students (plus an advisor) are given eight weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IIE Annual IE Conference & Expo
- Each finalist team will receive $1,250 US for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, complimentary tickets for the Honors & Awards Banquet and a framed certificate.
- Winners are announced at the honors and awards ceremony.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position:
- First place: $5,000 US to the team plus $500 to the team's chapter
- Second place: $2,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
- Third place: $1,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
Participate in the Winter Competition Session
- The contest will run (as it has traditionally) a Winter session from January 2013 – March 2013.
- All submissions from the Fall and Winter sessions will be judged in March 2013.
- The top three finalists from the entire year’s submissions will be announced in April 2013.
Winter session registration is now closed.
The Student Simulation Competition is sponsored by Rockwell Automation and Arena Simulation Software.
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at (770) 449-0461, ext. 105
1st Place: "Super Awesome"
Team Members: Younghwa Kang, Minho Kim and Hyunseok Shin
Faculty Advisor: Myeonsig Cho
2nd Place: "Huisje 8"
Technische Universiteit Delft
Team members: Matthijs Brouns and Helene van Heijningen
Faculty Advisor: Rens Kortmann
3rd Place: "Team Huskies"
Northern Illinois University
Team members: Jonathon Brust, Joseph Timmer and Alan Toomsen
Faculty Advisor: Reinaldo Moraga