IIE/Arena Student Simulation Competition
The Fall session has closed. The Winter session opens Nov. 1.
Teams of three IE undergraduate students solve a real-world situational case study using the Rockwell Automation simulation package, Arena. This case study is prepared by Rockwell. Student team members and their faculty advisor are not required to be members of IIE to enter the competition, but they will become IIE members if they are one of the three teams selected to compete at the finals courtesy of Rockwell Automation. The finalists must be able to attend the IIE Annual IE Conference & Expo May 31-June 3, 2014 in Montreal, QC, Canada.
General Rules and Guidelines
- Teams of three undergraduate students (plus an advisor) are given eight weeks to develop their solutions.
- Three finalist teams are selected to present their solutions for final judging at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo.
- Each finalist team will receive $1,250 US for travel expenses to the finals, plus complimentary conference registration, complimentary tickets for the Honors & Awards Banquet and a framed certificate.
- Winners are announced at the honors and awards ceremony.
Additional cash prizes are also awarded to competitors based on their finishing position
- First place: $5,000 US to the team plus $500 to the team's chapter
- Second place: $2,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
- Third place: $1,500 US to the team plus $250 to the team's chapter
Participate in the Winter session
- To broaden contest participation, we will again, administer two eight-week sessions during this academic year.
- Fall session from October 2013 – December 2013.
- The contest will run (as it has traditionally) a Winter session from January 2014 – March 2014.
- All submissions from the Fall and Winter sessions will be judged in March 2014.
- The top three finalists from the entire year’s submissions will be announced in April 2014.
Entries for the Winter session opens Nov. 1. If you register your team for the Fall session, you will not be permitted to sign up again during the Winter session.
Submit one online entry form per team with payment information for the $30 entry fee. This fee is non-refundable. If paying by check, send completed entry form and payment to:
Attn: Bonnie Cameron
3577 Parkway Lane
Norcross, GA 30092
Registration for the Winter session closes at midnight eastern time on Jan. 17.
The Student Simulation Competition is sponsored by Rockwell Automation and Arena Simulation Software.
Questions? Contact Bonnie Cameron at (770) 449-0461, ext. 105
1st Place: "TIIEAM"
Instituto Tecnologico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey
Team Members: Hector Villarreal Garza, Yan Lin Clemintina Chen Lopez and Mariana Elizabeth Trevino Ferrer
Faculty Advisor: Heriberto Garcia Reyes
2nd Place: "Team ETS"
Ecole de Technologie Superieure
Team members: Mickael Huot, Benoit Boutin and Benoit Robichaud
Faculty Advisor: Alexandre Ouellet
3rd Place: "Trojan's Arena"
University of Southern California
Team members: Cynthia Larocque and Michael Hintlian
Faculty Advisor: Kurt Palmer