IIE-CIS Mobile App Competition
IIE-CIS Mobile App competition is designed to provide students with opportunities of developing practical mobile apps and taking business initiatives for the mobile apps in the field of industrial and systems engineering.
Eligibility of participants
- Any domestic or international, undergraduate or graduate students from higher education institutions in the field of industrial and systems engineering.
- A team can consist of maximum three members, who are either current students or recent graduates. For the recent graduates, their graduation date should be within one year from the proposal submission date.
- Proposal submission: Teams will submit a two-page description of their apps for a review by the competition steering committee (John Yoo: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org). The two-page description should include a list of team members and their affiliations, the name of the app, a list of features of the app and target market segments of the app.
- The scope of apps: Any app will be accepted if it is based on any concept, principle, technique or application related to the field of industrial and systems engineering.
- App submission: Teams will submit a) their prototype app, b) a user manual, c) software design document and d) a demonstration video clip, to the competition steering committee (Detailed submission processes will be announced soon). The committee will review the submissions and select maximum four finalistsl (teams). Depending on the number of and the quality of submitted apps, less than four finalists may be selected.
- Final presentation: The four finalists will present both a) technical details of their apps and b) business plans in IIE-CIS Town Hall Meeting and demonstrate how their apps work. A) The technical details should include, but are not limited to features and architecture of the apps, and b) the business plan should include, but are not limited to targeting market segments, marketing strategy and profit model.
- Proposal submission: Feb. 8
- Approval of proposals: Feb.15
- App Submission: March 22
- Finalist Notified: April 5
The winners will present in the IIE-CIS Town Hall meeting during the IIE Annual Conference & Expo 2013. A blind vote among invited judges will decide the winners. The award ceremony will follow the voting.
For more detailed information, please click here.
John Jung-Woon Yoo, Bradley University
Alaster Nyaude, BellSouth