Message from Regional Vice President - Kevin Drevik
Time to Vote!
No, I don’t mean the national election, I mean for the new Regional Vice President of the Northeast Region of IIE!
Region Vice Presidents are part of the Regional Operations Board or International Council. RVPs serve three-year terms and represent the needs of the members in their region by supporting chapters and the regional communities. They are responsible for providing support for chapter and region leaders and working closely with them to foster strong relationships between the chapters, regions, members and IIE as a whole. Region vice presidents report directly to the senior vice president, regional operations.
- Set goals and define strategy for the region to enhance the profession throughout the region.
- Act as a conduit of communication between the professional chapters, student chapters and at-large members and the International IIE headquarters. Utilize face-to-face meetings, email, social media, conference calls, newsletters, websites, and other media to enable these groups to communicate together effectively.
- Supervise the regional volunteer staff in their duties.
- Attend the annual regional student conference (usually rotated throughout the region).
- Attend two meetings per year, of the IIE Regional Staff (1 in Winter, 1 at the National Conference). These meetings typically last 1 ½ days and are used to share ideas and strategy with other RVPs throughout the country.
The term lasts three years and you are not eligible for re-election, so its time to hold elections on my replacement. Soon you should be receiving information on our two candidates, Brad Parrish and Mike Lalle. They are both excellent candidates and I’m sure they will do an excellent job.
There are other volunteer opportunities with the regional staff, and I would like to take the opportunity to welcome Christine Young as the assistant regional vice president (ARVP) for our Southern Region (Delaware, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and parts of New York). She will be responsible for helping me, Amy Thompson (the other ARVP) and the rest of the region to assist the chapters. Welcome aboard!
A quick note for student and professional chapters: Please send me information on your upcoming events, so I can get them in the newsletter, and potentially visit your chapters. Thanks!
IIE Northeast Region VP