Membership Chair's Message
By George P. Gardner, state partnering coordinator, Virginia Department of Transportation
Hello, all fellow Construction Division members!
It is great news that the following individuals have been appointed to the Division’s leadership positions as reported by Lincoln Forbes:
Board of Directors
- Matthew Horvat, P.E., MBA, M.S.E., process improvement coordinator, PeaceHealth Medical Group (president-elect)
- Isabelina Nahmens, Ph.D., assistant professor, Louisiana State University
- Laura Ikuma, Ph.D., assistant professor, Louisiana State University
- George Gardner, CMC, state partnering coordinator, Virginia Department of Transportation
The following earlier appointees will continue as board members:
- Paul Ray, Ph.D., FIIE, University of Alabama
- Berokh Khoshnevis, Ph.D., FIIE, University of Southern California
- Aloysius Attah, Pres., Macval Associates, Dallas, Texas
Other appointments include:
- Bob (Bobby) Smyth, formerly the student liaison, has now become our newsletter editor.
- Ben Freidenberg of Ohio State University is now the student liaison.
- Renee Ulstad will be supporting the division as social media coordinator.
Let’s give these folks all a big welcome as they allow us to continue to be the IIE liaison group for construction industry principles and practices.
Also, please if you are interested in serving, please let us know of your interest. Please keep in mind that sharing best practices is one of the biggest bonuses for a group like ours. It allows us to understand the application of efficient and effective construction techniques across a broad spectrum of industries.