Engineering Economy (EE) Wellington Award
The Wellington Award recognizes outstanding contributions in the field of engineering economy. The award is named after Arthur M. Wellington, author of The Economic Theory of Railroad Location, in 1887.
Evaluations are based on the following criteria:
- Original contributions to the profession
- Publications (articles, books, monographs)
- Research (theoretical development, methodological innovation)
- Standardization (notation, methods, formats)
- Recognition of service to the profession
- Leadership in organizations (as officer, editor, program chair, committee chair)
- Involvement in activities (professional organizations, private industry, government, development of new organizations)
- Contribution to the profession (book review, case studies, bibliographies, abstracts, interest tables, calculating devices)
- Length and quality of service
- Application of engineering economy
- Proper application of principles
- Scope and importance of application
The eligibility is determined by a four-member selection panel. Whenever possible, academia, government and private industry will be represented in the panel, with the immediate past division director as the fourth member. Each appointed member shall serve a three-year term. Terms will be staggered with one member being replaced annually.
The selection panel will be responsible for:
- Identifying and selecting potential recipients.
- Preparing the description of the service or achievements for which the award is being presented.
- Notifying the recipient to ensure attendance at the annual conference.
- Preparing the news release announcement to be sent to appropriate media outlets.
The plaque will be presented at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo, May 31-June 3, 2014, in Montréal, QC, Canada.
To nominate a candidate, please send an electronic letter of nomination to Dr. Leland Blank by email to email@example.com by Feb. 3, 2014.
Jane Fraser, Colorado State University-Pueblo
Wellington Award Winners
Engineering Economy Division Page