Quality Control and Reliability Engineering Student Paper Competition
The Quality Control and Reliability Engineering (QCRE) division of the Institute of Industrial Engineers (IIE) is sponsoring a student paper competition as part of the 2013 Industrial and Systems Engineering Research Conference (ISERC). The purpose of this competition is to honor outstanding papers in the field of quality and/or reliability engineering research and practice. Awards will be presented at the QCRE Town Hall meeting during ISERC at the IIE Annual Conference and Expo in San Juan, Puerto Rico, May 18-22, 2013, and the winners will be acknowledged in the QCRE newsletter.
Both undergraduate and graduate students are invited to submit papers. As this is a student competition, papers co-authored by professors are excluded from the competition, but your professor’s assistance is welcome. The following conditions apply to submissions for this competition:
- The applicant must be a full time student at the time of submission.
- The paper must present original research results and cannot be accepted for publication elsewhere at the time of submission (it can, however, be submitted and/or under review for possible publication at the time of submission for this competition).
- The research must have been conducted while the applicant was a student.
- The paper must not have won or been considered for an award in another competition.
- At least one author must be an IIE member and present the paper in the QCRE track at the IIE Annual Conference, May 19-23, 2012, in Orlando, Fla.
- Authors will be asked to sign an ethics statement stating that they are full time students, that the research and writing are their own work, and that the work has not been accepted for publication elsewhere (see submission form, page 2 of attachment).
- Advising by a non-student is allowed, such as an academic or industry advisor. However, only students can be authors or co-authors since this is a student competition.
- Past winners are not eligible for the competition.
Submission deadline: Jan. 31, 2013
Winner Announcement: Feb. 24, 2013
Formatting and Submission Guidelines:
Authors must follow the ISERC 2013 paper guidelines since the winning papers will be published in the ISERC proceedings. The paper formatting guidelines will be available at http://www.iienet2.org/annual2/. Each paper must be submitted with a submission form in electronic format (PDF files ONLY) to the Committee Chair, Dr. Jamison V. Kovach (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be received no later than Jan. 31, 2013. Late or incomplete submission will be ineligible for the competition.