Minutes of CIS Town Hall Meeting at IIE Annual Meeting 2011 in Reno
The meeting began with introducing CIS board members and participants. Young-Jun Son then presented past and future activities (e.g. newsletter, division web page, LinkedIn site, Exhibit hall, CIS track in IERC 2011) of the division. Then, both Best Student Paper Award Winner (Akkarapol Sangasoongsong at Oklahoma State University) and Best Paper Award Winners (Liying Cui, Soundar Kumara, and Tao Yao) have been recognized. Then, the floor was opened for recommendations on how to improve the division, and the recommendations were:
- Industry panel session at ISERC 2012 (Joseph Dekeyrel at Raytheon and Liying Cui at Kimberly Clark have already agreed to participate).
- Cross-listing the industry panel session at Applied Solutions (if same session duration – 75 minutes – can be arranged).
- Webinar (invitation is sent to entire IIE members) from prominent academician or practitioners (e.g. Best Paper Award Winner).
- Student activities (e.g. poster presentation; meeting with leaders from academia, industry, government; potential coordination with INFORMS activities).
- Marketing ideas for the entire IIE members which may attract them into CIS Division.
- Promoting CIS-LinkedIn and Facebook.
The participants are shown as follows:
- Yongpei Guan – University of Florida
- Luis Occena – University of Missouri
- Joseph Dekeyrel – Raytheon Technical Services
- Yepeng Sun – University of Louisville
- Sangwon Yoon – SUNY Binghamton
- Xin Chen – Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
- Dusan Sormaz – Ohio University
- Russell Wooten – Department of Homeland Security
- Hui Yang – University of South Florida
- John Yoo – Bradley University
- Chang Kwon – SUNY Buffalo
- Liying Cui – Kimberly Clark
- Guiping Hu – Iowa State University
- Lawrence Whitman – Wichita State University
- Pam Patterson – IIE
- Young-Jun Son – University of Arizona