Computer & Information Systems (CIS) Division Best Student Paper Competition
The IIE-CIS division solicits applications for the sixth annual CIS Best Student Paper Competition at the IIE Annual Conference & Expo to be held May 30 - June 2, 2015, in Nashville, Tenn.
In order to be qualified for the award, the students must: (a) submit a paper (invited or contributed) for the conference using the usual submission process, (b) fill out an application and (c) present their work at the conference. Candidate papers will come from those submitted to the CIS track and accepted through the regular submission process. The student must be the primary author (first author) of the paper as well as the presenting author. If multiple students are co-authors, all of their names should appear before their advisor(s) in the list of authors.
- Only those who are students (undergraduate or graduate students) at the time of abstract submission are qualified for the CIS Best Student Paper Award.
- At least one of the students must be a current member of the IIE and the CIS division at the time of full paper submission to be qualified for the award.
Those who are interested (students) should send an application package including the following information via email to John Yoo by Feb. 27, 2015. There is no application fee involved.
- Students’ name and contact information (e-mail, telephone), department and university.
- Paper information (Paper ID, Title, List of Authors).
- IIE membership number and a brief statement confirming the current membership of the CIS division.
- Advisor's letter with signature (PDF file) that proves that the students are the primary co-author of the paper and they are eligible.
The judges will evaluate the candidate papers and determine a winner by March 20.
Gang Liu, University of South Florida, "Self-organized Recurrence Networks"
CIS Division Page