IIE is the world’s largest professional society dedicated solely to the support of the industrial engineering profession and individuals involved with improving quality and productivity. Founded in 1948, IIE is an international, nonprofit association that provides leadership for the application, education, training, research, and development of industrial engineering.
What is industrial engineering? (IIE official definition)
Industrial engineering is concerned with the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of people, materials, information, equipment and energy. It draws upon specialized knowledge and skill in the mathematical, physical, and social sciences together with the principles and methods of engineering analysis and design, to specify, predict, and evaluate the results to be obtained from such systems.
IIE is recognized internationally as:
- The leading provider of cutting-edge continuing education in industrial engineering.
- The acknowledged source of productivity improvement information via the Internet, publications, and live events, including an annual conference, topical conferences, and technical seminars.
- An invaluable source of member benefits that include a magazine, professional development programs, an online career center, networking communities, chapters, and affinity programs that save members time and money.
- The only association that supports the profession of industrial engineering and promotes an increased awareness of the value of industrial engineers.
- The only association that supports accredited industrial engineering programs through the ABET Inc.
To provide knowledge, training, networking opportunities and recognition to enhance the skills and effectiveness of the industrial and systems engineering profession and those individuals involved with improving quality and productivity.
To be the premier organization that advances, promotes and unites the industrial and systems engineering profession worldwide.